Adding pot to absynthe

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru March 2001:Adding pot to absynthe
By Artemis on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 07:01 am: Edit

Igrokit, thank you. It hadn't occurred to me that he might be making his own spirit.

Dick's recipe is not much better than useless. With a solid knowledge of absinthe distillation (Dick doesn't begin to cover it), and with sufficient knowledge of ingredients so that you know what to use from Dick's and what to ignore (you DON'T want to color with Artemisia Absinthium), you MIGHT make a decent product. Before you waste that nice grape alcohol, please do some more research. Just my humble opinion.

By Zack on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 06:15 am: Edit

The recipe for Dick's even has an I and an E...at least the one Y have.

By Heiko on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 06:01 am: Edit

"cheap American crack dosn't dissolve fast enough..."

It never dissolves - it's not soluble in water. That's the reason you have to smoke it.
Don't think I have ever done this, I'm not crazy! Only well informed about things like this.

The idea itself is not too absurd - another beloved 19th century drink was Vin Mariani, which was red wine with small amounts of cocaine...

-- The 'Y' is still there - must be Dick's (whoever that is) specialty ;-)

By Petermarc on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 04:47 am: Edit

well, it's a good start, in my opinion...the best absinthes were always wine spirit-based, normally from the south of france (granache, mouvedre, syrah,etc.)the stuff that works very well in australia...

By Igrokit on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 04:41 am: Edit

i figure that we have got the good spirit why not use it to make a genuine absynthe that is not mass produced {the real thing ]

By Petermarc on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 04:17 am: Edit

australian cabernet/shiraz grappa/marc...sounds great!
almost too good to be used as a base for something else...

By Igrokit on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 03:52 am: Edit

artemis,
a friend of mine makes a great cabernet shiraz in his basement and with the leftover skins and a homemade still makes a white spirit.

i would still like to hear about anybody whos made the dicks absynth recipe

By Petermarc on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 02:35 pm: Edit

hey, shouldn't this discussion be on the 'god's cynt' thread?...

By Artemis on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 12:51 pm: Edit

cheap American crack dosn't dissolve fast enough...

Depends upon how well you stimulate it.

By _Blackjack on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 12:31 pm: Edit

Yeah, but you've got to get the good, French crack. The cheap American crack dosn't dissolve fast enough...

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 10:43 am: Edit

That is a great idea. See now I either replace the sugar in mine with a crack rock or or put a few hits of acid on the cube itself. Sometimes, to get the authentic Belle Epoque Van Gogh efect, I will forget the water and just use chlorox. Can't beat it for those secondary effects!

oh yes and by the way it is much cooler to spell the word Abysnthe. An 17th century English spelling of a 19th century french word from the latin. It justs leaves me confused...

By Marc on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 09:39 am: Edit

licorice-flavored dirt.

By Zack on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 09:39 am: Edit

Coming Soon to a Rave near you.

By Lordhobgoblin on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 09:20 am: Edit

Igrokit,

A hempy-aniseedy flavoured drink might be quite tasty if it happens to turn out ok. However forget about feeling any '2ndry' effects from absinthe if he adds marijuana to it, the marijuana will just take over. He'd be better off smoking the stuff.

Hobgoblin

By Artemis on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 08:27 am: Edit

If you don't mind:

Where did he get the white spirit?

What is its alcohol content?

What did it cost?

I'm sorry, but I can't answer your question. I am interested in proof spirit from grapes, though.

By Midas on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 06:39 am: Edit

Putting the "Y?" in ABSYNTH.
-Robert

By _Blackjack on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 05:12 am: Edit

Um, all various legal issues aside, I suspect it would taste like ass. Why on earth would somebody want to do such a thing?

By Igrokit on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 04:40 am: Edit

P.S he is using the recipe for Dicks Absynth with a base of white spirit made from shiraz grapes, has anyone else tried this recipe.?

By Igrokit on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 04:18 am: Edit

a good friend of mine is about to make absynth through the distilation process and is planning to add marijuana to the mix, i suggested he hold off until i have done some research.
Any thoughts would be apreciated

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation