Best & Worst

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru April 2001:Best & Worst
By Bluedog1 on Monday, April 16, 2001 - 03:09 pm: Edit

Best Experience: Wandering into this forum and finding all the delightfully literate and opinionated denizens.

Equally Best: My very first glass of absinthe (Deva)

Worst Experience: Absinthe and Sprite (green fairy and green sprite -- seemed right at the time)in too large a quantity at New Years Eve.

Equally Worse Experience: Missing the New Orleans gathering

Overall, I have to say that my first glass of absinthe was made an even better experience thanks in no small part to the wealth of information and contacts gained here. This is THE place to visit for the straight story, solid information, and a well-humored right pasting when you do something stupid.

By Don_Walsh on Saturday, April 14, 2001 - 03:08 am: Edit

Best experiences: making and drinking Ted's absinthes.

Worst experiences: buying and then giving away a certain well known Czech 'absinth'.

Closer to the best than the worst: obtaining and drinking La Bleue.

Also ran: La Fee.

Honorable Mention: MM 70 Collectors.

By Perruche_Verte on Friday, April 13, 2001 - 07:57 pm: Edit

Not having met anyone here in person (yet), I'd
have to say the best experience has simply been
trying the various absinthes and drink recipes recommended by Forum members and comparing my perceptions to theirs.

I have not had any bad experiences. Maybe that
is itself the worst thing. This forum has kept me like a baby in an incubator with regard to absinthes -- since discovering it I have never tried anything that wasn't favorably reviewed here. Then again, I don't live in a place where it's cheap to do this.

OK, correction, one bad experience -- trying the bootleg absinthe again that had been first, some years back. The guy who was my connection at the time moved back into town, and we hooked up at a party. I brought a bottle of Lasala, and he dug out his beautifully labelled bottle of "Absinthe Nepenthe".

I fixed a small glass of the stuff -- dark green, little or no louche -- tasted it and nearly gagged on the absinthium. The stuff really was distilled and naturally colored, my friend assured me -- but the distiller used A. absinthium in the coloring step. You can imagine the results.

By Tabreaux on Friday, April 13, 2001 - 05:26 pm: Edit

I'd have to say the best experience I've had as a result of being involved with this forum is the recent New Orleans get-together.

The worst experience happened when I mistakenly introduced a girlfriend who was fond of my prototype absinthes to Staropzlenecky. She took a good sized sip from the bottle, and with a sudden frown, she involuntarily spit it right into my face.

By Ekmass on Friday, April 13, 2001 - 03:43 pm: Edit

I would like to know the best and /or worst experience one has had w/ absinthe as a reult of getting to know this forum.
EM

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation