Advice People

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru April 2001:Advice People
By _Blackjack on Tuesday, April 24, 2001 - 08:54 pm: Edit

I need some rest.

I need some therapy...

By Morriganlefey on Tuesday, April 24, 2001 - 10:53 am: Edit

...(Images of a leather-clad and muscle-bound Ted holding down Don while duct tape and steel clamps are applied and liberally tightened, absinthe being lovingly and innocently bottled by lithe Thai women in the background)...

I need some rest.

- M

By Don_Walsh on Tuesday, April 24, 2001 - 10:17 am: Edit

Dear Oink

I have no idea about importing absinthe (or any liquor) informally into Taiwan. Sorry.

As to timing of our release, sadly my lips are sealed and duct-taped and steel banded by Ted. All I can tell you is that the wheels are turning and the mills are grinding.

By Oink on Tuesday, April 24, 2001 - 10:10 am: Edit

whoa really? i'm heading to Taiwan to visit some u think u're stuff will be ready during the summer, Don? and would u be able to ship there? thanx alot!

By Morriganlefey on Sunday, April 22, 2001 - 12:36 pm: Edit

THERE ya go, Oink. Head over to Big Don's in Bangkok and you may get to try some of the best absinthe around. No need to BYOA.

- M

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, April 22, 2001 - 03:29 am: Edit

So just where in East Asia are you headed?

I am in Bangkok.

By Petermarc on Sunday, April 22, 2001 - 02:55 am: Edit

and you just may develop a taste for 'snake wine'
it's cobra-licious!

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 08:57 pm: Edit

Preach on Chonger!!!

By Bob_Chong on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 08:24 pm: Edit

Instead of hauling a bunch of absinthe around with you, why don't you immerse yourself in the local color? You've only had Sebor, and the whole absinthe thingie awaits you when you get back (I mean, you don't even know what you've been missing, so why not keep missing it until then???). Why make some big scheme to get it to take with? Enjoy the travel for what it is and forget about absinthe for a while.

Maybe this isn't the advice you're looking for, but dragging around big glass bottles of high proof booze through destinations in East Asia seems like a pretty big hassle. If you get somewhere and are going to be there a while, just have SC send it there. They ship damn near anywhere.

By Oink on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 01:36 pm: Edit

I was going to go to East Asia...i don't think sc makes shipments there do they? Hmm, i guess that's my second ô¿ô

By Morriganlefey on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 11:35 am: Edit

Depending upon where you are going abroad, you might stand a better chance of finding absinthe at your destination rather than wrangling with airport customs. I wouldn't tempt the fates that way, if I were you...

- M

By Oink on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 09:54 am: Edit

Ok I live on campus in Toronto and i was going to go abroad around May 24. I have never ordered from sc so i was wandering how long does it take for them to ship absinthe to Toronto? Because i wanted to bring it with me when i go abroad. And would i be taxed on the bottles? Anybody with previous experiences with shipping from sc to Toronto and would like to share is greatly appreciated. ô¿ô

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation