Austin Absinthe Enthusiasts -- 4/27

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Austin Absinthe Enthusiasts -- 4/27
By Joalco on Wednesday, May 02, 2001 - 03:14 pm: Edit

Well, after a little greasemonkey work (and a lot of muttered curses) my car is up and running again, and I am *so* glad. Eric, thanks so much for opening your house to us, and sharing your bounty. Last night was a wonderful time, and if you Austin Absintheurs are game for it, I'd love to have another soiree before the end of the month, when I'll be taking my leave of Austin and its sure-to-be-wretched heat. Let me know your thoughts, and we'll throw something together.

cheers,

j

By Joalco on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 01:56 pm: Edit

Guys ~

My car just went tits-up about half a block from my house. I'm going to go toil a bit and see if I can figure out what's wrong. With a little luck, I'll be there this evening... Cross your fingers for me...!

(here goes nuttin')

jc

By Malhomme on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 12:42 pm: Edit

Alex,
Finals-sminals!!!
We closed out the last time pretty early, we also started early. You should come. It's cheaper and easier than driving to NOLA.
Jim

By Verawench on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 12:10 pm: Edit

DAMNIT! All this getting-together-to-get-smashed-on-absinthe is happening during my finals week... ::grumble::

sigh. perhaps next time, yet again.

Vera
the irritated wench

By Eric on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 11:38 am: Edit

will not let me edit. should read; if anybody in austin can make it, email me.

By Eric on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 11:34 am: Edit

hey we are getting together again at my place tonight. if anybody austin can make it, email me

By Malhomme on Saturday, April 28, 2001 - 06:17 pm: Edit

Thanks Jon! We really had a good time last night. I can't wait to do it again soon. A little Oxygenee might entice me out into the night....

And Emiliano, thank you so much for the pictures!!! Allison and I got quite a kick out of them. You and Mel are always welcome with us if you ever come to Austin.

Say, has anyone noticed a difference between lots of Segarra???

Jim

By Rupert1029 on Saturday, April 28, 2001 - 04:07 pm: Edit

I moved to Houston from Austin about a year ago. Let me know next time ya'll have a gathering....I visit often....and the Absinthe gatherings is a great reason to get back to Austin. Actually, any reason is good enough for me to go back. It's a great city !

By Joalco on Saturday, April 28, 2001 - 09:24 am: Edit

I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who made it out last night. It was enjoyable *and* educational... And, I went to bed with quite a snoot full. (In fact, I don't even remember saying "good night" or "goodbye," so if I was a less-than-stellar host by that point, please forgive...) :)

If you good folks want to do it again sometime in the next week or so, I'll be there with bells on. Well, maybe not with bells on, but I'll definitely be there.

BTW, Jim, that has got to be the coolest damn carrying case I've ever seen!

cheers,

j

By Joalco on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 01:46 pm: Edit

Okay folks ~

Anyone who wants directions to my humble abode for a soiree on the evening of Friday the 27th, email me and I'll provide directions and a contact number. I'm still pretty open for time suggestions.

cheers,

~ j

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation