Review - Granier pastis

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru April 2001:Review - Granier pastis
By Don_Walsh on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 05:21 am: Edit

Zack, just for the record, I didn't think you were trying to promote the stuff.

By Martin on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 03:07 am: Edit

Pay no attention to me, I'm just being a jackass. I'm not sure what Don's excuse is.

By Zack on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 03:01 am: Edit

It's not like Im trying to promote the stuff or anything...I don't think the stuff is as good as Herbsaint, but its not bad. And, as you might come to find out I don't get overly excited about anything.

By Martin on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 02:39 am: Edit

Why don't you go for a whole pallet? I'll go halfsies on it.

By Don_Walsh on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 02:36 am: Edit

Wow, that really makes me want to rush right ought and buy a case of it.

By Zack on Sunday, April 22, 2001 - 05:40 pm: Edit

This product comes in in a normal looking brown-tinted 1L bottle. The cost was about $20 at a liquor store here in San Antonio. The top of the label reads "GRANIER" in large yellow type. Right under that it confirms it is a "Product of France," while "mon Pastis" adorns the bottom of the label. The label also reveals it as 45% abv.

The color of the pastis is the normal brown, which transforms into that "muddy bathwater" when water is added. The most noticeable thing about the scent is the lack of it. The taste is not much different, nothing stands out greatly. It does have that citrus like taste of some of the Spanish absinthes, and while there is some anise, its not very strong. There is also quite a bit of sweetness to it. Overall, I think it could be described as a toned-down "yellow Spaniard."

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation