First time in Berkeley - Wonderful!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru April 2001:First time in Berkeley - Wonderful!
By Terminus on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 09:45 am: Edit

Scooby> Let me know how your Spiritscorner experience was. You sent me a couple of e-mails about them, remember?

I hope you ordered Serpis and "splurged" and ordered Segarra.

By Bob_Chong on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 07:46 pm: Edit

I felt I had splurged 100 dollars to buy an expensive liquor bottle.

...especially since you could have had TWO bottles for $70 total from SC instead...

But at least Betty is happy (with selling you $35 worth of booze for a cool C-note).

By Melinelly on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 10:50 am: Edit

that would be netWork... a netork is a whole 'nother bag o' nuts.

By Melinelly on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 10:49 am: Edit

heya Scooby =) good to see you on the boards, i'm sure we'll be meeting soon enough.

and Tyler... and anyone in the area for that matter... yes, feel free to contact us if you're around. we've the beginnings of a local absinthe netork in the makes.

By Morriganlefey on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 09:53 am: Edit

Oh - Tyler (Semaphore) if you are still anywhere in the bay area vicinity, contact Melinelly or myself by email. We are putting together a mailing list of bay-area absintheurs for an upcoming (June 1, I believe) shindig.

- M

By Morriganlefey on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 09:51 am: Edit

Scooby - welcome to the world, fellow absintheur. (We in the bay area look forward to meeting you in person!)

I think many share your experience with vivid dreams. Some may doubt the true existence of actual absinthe "secondary effects", but I think most here agree that absinthe dreams are always exquisitely unique.

For your SC order, may I suggest a bottle of Segarra, NS, and (for shits n' giggles) a Serpis.

By Semaphore on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 01:42 am: Edit

Scooby- I also graduated from Berkeley (though quite some time ago)... ate many a Top Dog while there.

AZ mama is a nice person but if you want Spanish absinthe do the SC route. Saves on student loans. :)

Tyler

By Scoobydoo on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 12:48 am: Edit

I remember the first time I had ever heard of absinthe. I was a student in a medical ethics course and as with most drugs we were being told of a horrible story that happened to some kid. He purchased pure wormwood oil and drank a bunch of it and croaked. My whole time at this fine public university (Berkeley), I failed to hear about this mystical drink; except for in that one class. Then about 3 weeks ago, I stumbled upon some old lecture notes and decided to research it on my own. To my surprise, I found a plethora of websites dedicated to the special green potion. After reading the literature and talking with Betty in AZ, I decided I had to try some before graduating. I bought the Deva 70% and waited anxiously. I was so happy when it arrived on Wednesday that i called my best friend over and we both had 1 1/2 shots of it with about 3 shots of ketal one vodka afterwards just to conserve the Deva. I must say, I was a little bit skeptical at first because I felt I had splurged 100 dollars to buy an expensive liquor bottle. The day that I recieved the bottle had been one of the worst days in a while. I was really pissed at many people who were treating me like shit. However, as soon as I drank the absinthe, all my hostility disappeared. It was amazing, even if I tried to think of something or someone who I was mad at, I instantly began to think of beautiful clouds and loving feelings (corny as it sounds). That night I had amazing dreams! They were extremely vivid and dealt with a wide range of emotions. In one dream, I had this intense feeling of love for a woman that I would have done anything to keep and when i woke up, I found myself wishing I could go back to sleep and dream of that same feeling over and over again! My dreams were completely clear and very fresh in my mind when I woke up on both occasions that I have tried it now.
I am very happy I have discovered a new drink to worship and grow away from the frat beer scene.
This week, I plan to order 3 or so bottles of different types of absinthe from SC so I can do a taste comparison and celebrate when i graduate :)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation