L'ABSINTHE, UNE FEE FRANCO-SUISSE par Benoît NOEL

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru April 2001:L'ABSINTHE, UNE FEE FRANCO-SUISSE par Benoît NOEL
By Petermarc on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 12:39 am: Edit

back ordered...4-6 weeks...

By Petermarc on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 08:49 am: Edit

they must have just put it on amazon.fr, i didn't see it when i ordered the smaller book...i'll order it from amazon instead, probably cheaper, too...

By Oxygenee on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 08:34 am: Edit

Benoit Noel's earlier smalll pocket book "L'ABSINTHE, UN MYTHE TOUJOURS VERT" and his new just released more comprehensive book "L'ABSINTHE, UN FEE FRANCO SUISSE" are both available from Amazon.fr.

The first book is a kind of simple "primer" and contains very little information not also easily available elsewhere.

Professor Delachaux's new book on absinthe related cartoons "ABSINTHE - DROLES D'IMAGES" has also been recently released. Its beautifully produced, but only available, as far as I know, direct from the author. His earlier book, "L'ABSINTHE, AROME D' APOCALYPSE" is long sold out, but is obtainable, with some difficulty, from Swiss rare book dealers.

By the way, Noel Benoit is an EX collaborator of Madame Delahaye's. They parted on less than entirely amicable terms. Mentioning his name in Madame's company is like mentioning Monica Lewinsky at dinner with the Clinton's - poor taste, and likely to cast a pall over the dessert course.

By Aion on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 04:43 am: Edit

No secrets, Ian!
Asked for price + shipping on 10.04., got the price on 11.04., made the money transfer on 13.04., received
confirmation of dispatch on 20.04. and picked up the parcel from the postoffice (they didn´t even insist on
FEDEX!!)on 25.04.

A.

By Absinthedrinker on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 04:33 am: Edit

Aion - what is your secret? I first made an enquiry about a month ago and placed an order in French but despite weekly reminders I have now had no response for two weeks.

By Aion on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 04:24 am: Edit

The service of La Vinotheque is not that bad really!
I ordered some Oxygenee 2 weeks ago and got the delivery yesterday. Not bad considering that I do not speak French.

Peter and Andy, you were absolutely right!
This product is more than worth a try and I hope it will remain available, and not be anti-marketed to death (the sales strategy for Oxygenee reminds me on someone who tries to sale boats in the desert, and - as there is no interest - assumes, that the product is unsalable and discontinues production).
This excellent product - no matter if it is Absinthe or not - does not deserve such
stupidity.

A.

By Petermarc on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 03:47 am: Edit

no doubt...

By Absinthedrinker on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 03:35 am: Edit

Thanks for the info Peter.

"i tried to order the other from cabedita, but they don't include payment options on the order form and i have not heard from them in two weeks" - maybe they have been on the same marketing course as Cusenier/La Vinotheque ;-)

By Petermarc on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 03:30 am: Edit

you can get the smaller book from amazon.com in france, maybe the usa, i haven't checked...it is very inexpensive, around $3.

By Petermarc on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 03:22 am: Edit

i have a copy of 'un mythe toujours vert'...mike mentioned it on the 'absinthe collectables' site... he is mentioned, but unfortunately, they located him in maryland (he is near chicago)but he has a web-site, so it isn't that important (at least to the french/swiss)... it is a little pocket-sized book in french, amusing, with info about the forum(!)and other web-sites, films with absinthe drinking in them, history,stories, etc... this is probably the 'cliff notes' to the other book...i tried to order the other from cabedita, but they don't include payment options on the order form and i have not heard from them in two weeks (french-switzerland, of course)

By Absinthedrinker on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 03:02 am: Edit

Has anyone heard of this book or read it? I got sent the details of this book and another by the same author (UN MYTHE TOUJOURS VERT, L'ABSINTHE) and a link to a web site http://www.cabedita.ch/ which has a synopsis in French. Benoit Noel is the co-author with Delahaye of L'ABSINTHE, MUSE DES PEINTRES.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation