Manguin reviewed

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived thru April 2001:Topics Archived thru April 2001:Manguin reviewed
By Netsurfer on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 06:15 pm: Edit

I had one last night as well. I dreamed I was at a restaurant or club and saw two different tables of people with glasses of absinthe and said "I knew there were other absintheurs here." At the second table was a friend who had already poured the absinthe (La Fey) and i could tell had poured it way too strong, so when they tasted it they thought it tasted bad.

By Absinthesque on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 03:02 am: Edit

well, i didn't get to this last night and probably won't 'til saturday. got in too late. i had an interesting dream last though -- without drinking any absinthe. i was at a party and someone poured me a glass of jade absinthe and went off to get water. i had to share the glass with a couple of people and the water never arrived, so there i was carrying around a generous glass of this golden liquid and having to conceal what it was. i spilled some and taste the droplets. . .they were like nothing i'd tried before, and i could finally understand the reason for the sugar ritual. i spilled quite a bit, but the water finally arrived and the absinthe was consumed.

jeez, am i obsessed or what?

By Absinthesque on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 09:51 am: Edit

i just received a shipment of manguin from spiritscorner; it took only two days to arrive.
i will write a detailed review later, but my initial impression is not too favorable -- that it's more akin to pastis than absinthe and considerably sweeter than most of what's out there.

there's some interesting wording on the label relating to "essential oils" and thujone. i'll include this info later.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation