La fee question

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: La fee question
By Artemis on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 11:24 am: Edit

"ya i meant la fee brand absinthe the one with the eye ;)i drink deva but heard this was better guess ill never find out"

It is certainly better than Deva. Whether it's worth $130 is up to you. If you want to try it, you may have to pay the price. FWIW, one particular manufacturing flaw (not present in Jade products or the best bootlegs) is obvious in La Fee. It tastes "dirty" compared to the best absinthe, but in terms of quantity of herbs used and flavor balance among said herbs, it is way better than Deva. To put it differently, if Deva is two dimensional, La Fee would be five dimensional or so.

By Heiko on Tuesday, May 01, 2001 - 02:08 am: Edit

Why won't they ship to any other country? I asked the distributor if they could send it to Germany (same EU-regulations as in the UK) but they can't - "unfortunately", they said. I asked Lohmann in Berlin (the Deva distrib. and first Absinthe shop) if they saw any chance to sell La Fée in the near future - it was the only mail to them that never got answered...

If you only know Deva - try every other brand from SC. You might like a brand that has just moderate reviews in the guide (this happened to me: I seem to be the only Herring fan around...)

By Kayman on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 03:56 pm: Edit

ya i meant la fee brand absinthe the one with the eye ;)i drink deva but heard this was better guess ill never find out :(

By Melinelly on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 03:52 pm: Edit

not much of a way to get La Fee on this continent just yet unless you know someone in the UK and have them ship you a bottle. at least i'm assuming you mean "La Fee" brand absinthe and not la fee in general =)

By Grimbergen on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 03:48 pm: Edit

http://www.spiritscorner.com/ing/index.html

spirits corner is where almost all of us get our Absinthe. Don't think about paying 130. That is pure crazy talk.

By Kayman on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 02:38 pm: Edit

i live in canada and the only distributer i can find that is willing to ship to canada is betina
but its 130 Usd a bottle is it that good? and is there any other way to get it to canada (toronto)

thanks

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation