Absinthe legally sold at Pirate's Alley Cafe

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Absinthe legally sold at Pirate's Alley Cafe
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through July 6, 2000  9   07/06 09:18am

By Don Walsh on Friday, July 14, 2000 - 11:14 am: Edit

Cali?

As in Columbia?

As in Cartel?

Jeez.

You are welcome in Bangkok. Fewer coke cowpokes. Come have a drink!

By Futuristic Absinthe on Friday, July 14, 2000 - 10:52 am: Edit

hey everyone! i'm just wondering if anyone knows of any absinthe parties that are going on. My cousin just had one but she's all the way in cali.
are there any parties near washington dc that are open to forum members :)
thanks!
Futuristic Absinthe

By Admin on Saturday, July 08, 2000 - 04:41 pm: Edit

That exact same story leaked to me on the grapevine as well. I lived in New Orleans for several years and still have alot of friends there. One of my, well respected, bartender friends excitedly repeated the same story to me about 6 months ago. As it perfectly coincided with Absente hitting the market, I graciously asked Ted to investigate and debunk, which he's already mentioned.

How stories do get around. Not the fault so much of the patrons as it is of the absente marketing ploys, their deliberately misleading advertising and silly distributors.

But I still saw a gaggle of gothy-folk clustered at the bar drinking it there a few months ago.

By tabreaux on Saturday, July 08, 2000 - 03:49 pm: Edit

Personally speaking, I know the owners of Pirate's Alley Cafe, and I like to pop in there late at night every so often and have a glass of wine and one of those really good sandwiches.

As far as Absente, it is a relatively new product. It is a pastis which is cleverly marketed such as to mislead the consumer into thinking that it is absinthe....which it certainly is not. Other than the relatively high percentage of alcohol, there is nothing in this which is out of the ordinary....save for the price. Rest assured that this crummy product doesn't even cost $1 per bottle to make.

By Ear Wax (63.178.73.189 - 63.178.73.189) on Saturday, July 08, 2000 - 01:31 pm: Edit

Lord love a duck. I can barely follow most of your responses. Anyway, I think it was the Absent, but I'm not sure. The thing is, why did my legs get really tingly? (I'm sure you'll have wondrous explanations). I'm not a tourist, I live here, and I have heard from several other locals that this thing they're serving is relatively new to N.O. and definitely has odd effects, beyond just those alchohol would cause.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation