Absinthe and red wine

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Absinthe and red wine
By Wolfgang on Tuesday, May 08, 2001 - 08:07 am: Edit

The flaming ritual of Czech absinthe... Good idea ! now I have found a use for this czech bottle, I will use it in my oil lamp ! (would also make a nice molotov cocktail...)

By Dr_Ordinaire on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 06:24 pm: Edit

Monsieur Le Rabbit:

No, as far as I know, there was no magickal or otherwise mystical purpose in what they were doing.

As far as I'm concerned, they were mean, sadistic motherfuckers to do that to poor mongooses...

Well, motherfuckers come in all shape and colours...

By Mr_Rabbit on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 05:59 pm: Edit

That's... Jesus! I mean, was there some ritual, religious or magical reason for that, or was it really that they were just that fucking lazy?

Of course, it isn't as bad as the tradition in my home town of setting a little old lady ablaze each October to help clear old books out of the library, but it's still pretty bad. At least around here there's a fair and rides and t-shirts and shit. It's not like we do it cause we're lazy, understand, but it stimulates the local economy.

seems a bit over the top to set a mongoose on fire. Throw a burning stick, or a molotov cocktail. Sheesh!

By Dr_Ordinaire on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 02:32 pm: Edit

This thing about the "Flaming Absinthe Ritual" reminds me of the "Flaming Mongoose".

This is a Caribbean drink: you take a shot glass of 151 proof rum, light it and drink it.

It's more spectacular than hard. The origin of this drink was the (quite barbaric) custom of dousing a mongoose with kerosene, lighting it, letting it loose and using it to burn the dry sugar cane fields...

By Mr_Rabbit on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 09:12 am: Edit

My first bottle of Sebor, trying the flaming absinthe ritual in a plastic cup.

Mine held it's integrity, just, and I saw what was happening in time to put it out. I told my friend "STOP! Get a glass!" She knew what she was doing, she said. I'm just glad it put itself out as it left the cup.

There's a headline for you: Bar patron immolates self with forbidden elixir- "I'll never be able to eat oysters rockefeller again" reports waitress.

By Frater_Carfax on Sunday, May 06, 2001 - 07:58 pm: Edit

I cannot but agree, the hangover from absinthe after an evening of red wine is comparable to the green chartreuse horrors.

Mistress Artemesia and Dionysius do not make comfortable bedfellows.

By Perruche_Verte on Saturday, May 05, 2001 - 06:36 pm: Edit

Dumbest thing I've done with absinthe to date is serve a lot of it to already-drunk guests who couldn't appreciate it anyway.

By Petermarc on Saturday, May 05, 2001 - 04:08 pm: Edit

life is an experiment...

By Heiko on Saturday, May 05, 2001 - 12:15 pm: Edit

What about white wine? Some absinthes taste pretty good with champagne, so it might be OK with white wine as well?

By Semaphore on Saturday, May 05, 2001 - 12:01 am: Edit

AAAAAA Do not mix wine and absinthe! Let the people on Jackass do this. Do not do this. It is a miserable hangover. If I decide to drink absinthe, I don't drink anything else. Then the body is fine. Else I pay dearly.

By Anatomist1 on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 06:35 pm: Edit

...alternated between absinthe and and beer at a party. Woke up to the beginning of an all-day debilitating headache. Also had the poor judgement to drive home under the influence, which I never, ever even remotely think about doing, except on a bicycle. I felt so clear-headed when I walked out the front door, I thought I would be fine. No one was hurt or incarcerated, but that was some stupid shit.

By Rtlplus3 on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 04:58 pm: Edit

Here's an explosive\volcanic drink. Kids do
not try this at home. Mix one bottle red wine and five dose of absinthe in a beautiful wife. Shake twice, three if she lets you and stand back.

By Germanandy on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 02:24 pm: Edit

drinking zelena "crappo" muza ;-)

By Heiko on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 02:14 pm: Edit

Some possible names for this drink:
"Eternal Regret"
or even better:
"Death in the circuit"

By Wolfgang on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 02:02 pm: Edit

Hehe ... On OZ of Deva with a dash of keyboard, add tears and you get the perfect drink ;-)

By Heiko on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 01:59 pm: Edit

...spilled a glass of it on my keyboard, which sent both to the nirvana...

By Petermarc on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 01:55 pm: Edit

it seems to bring out the worst of each component...a true waste of both...
so, now that i have shared my worst recipe for absinthe, what have you done with absinthe that you shouldn't have?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation