Absinthe and blood tests

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Absinthe and blood tests
By Lordhobgoblin on Monday, May 14, 2001 - 10:59 am: Edit

"My dad still doesn't believe in DSL or quick modems"

What is a DSL and what is a quick modem? My modem is reasonably ok for my purposes but I have no idea if it's classified as a 'quick modem', all I know is it's a '3-year old cheap modem' and it works fine by me.

By Hersaint on Monday, May 14, 2001 - 08:01 am: Edit

Had my Tonsils out twice as one grew back , never felt better since having them out, nothing worse than tonsil trouble had bloody quincey's (not sure of the spelling but it really hurts)

And about the blood test the Absinthe screwed my tests up came back with a liver problem messed my red cell count up and looked like my liver wasnt functioning as well as it should.

Had a Scan and left the Absinthe alone for a couple of weeks and the results where fine.....

By Anatomist1 on Tuesday, May 08, 2001 - 06:26 am: Edit

One of my tonsils has been gradually deteriorating over the last ten years or so. Now it looks sort of deflated and has big holes in it. I have to clean it out periodically, but I don't get sore throats, so I don't worry about it.

By Scoobydoo on Tuesday, May 08, 2001 - 01:11 am: Edit

Let's see. I just keep getting sore throats and tonsillitis. That's about it. I have been getting strep/tonsillitis for about 2 years now on average about once to twice a month. It's driving me crazy. I am 21 now and my friend had them out when she was 19 b/c she had the same problem I had. Now she hasn't been sick for over a year. So hopefully it will have the same effect on me. I can't breathe through my nose is another thing. When runnning or just doing whatever, I need to always breath through my mouth. So that could be a problem with enlarged adenoids and stuff. So they are just gonna slice them out...the worst part about it is that I will be at home away from college and unable to imbibe my wonderful new drink :( I will be gone for almost a month! I don't know what I will do without the forum! My dad still doesn't believe in DSL or quick modems :(

By Marc on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 11:34 pm: Edit

Instead of having the doctors remove your tonsils,
ask them to take a look at your lower intestinal tract. Your problem with the black drizzlin' shits
sounds more pressing than the knobs in your throat.

By _Blackjack on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 10:58 pm: Edit

Anatomist has obviously been smacked upside the head by the green fairy tonight, but he raises a good point. Why are you getting a tonsillectomy? Especially at your age? They have pretty much abandoned it as a routine procedure. If you had an infection bad enough to warrant a tonsillectomy in this day and age, you shouldn't be out of bed, let alone drinking. Are they blocking your esophagus or making you apneate in your sleep or something?

I'm not a doctor, but a play one on TV. Feel free to tell me to sod off and mind my own business...

By Anatomist1 on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 07:19 pm: Edit

Don't let them take your tonsils! Unbeknownst to contemporary science, they are actually the only protrusion of your true being into this sphere. Without them your body will ambulate listlessly as a mere husk. Once dissociated, reconnection is highly improbable. You've heard of a needle in a haystack? Imagine the needle as a dimensionless point and the haystack simultaneously expanding and contracting in infinite directions perpendicular to our sphere. At the very least, get your affairs in order and say goodbye to loved ones prior to your departure.

By Tomjoad on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 01:44 pm: Edit

Alcohol in general inhibits platelet function and reduces fibrinogen. I would be more concerned if you are taking aspirin for a hangover since it renders platelets useless for the life of the platelet.

By Scoobydoo on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 01:04 pm: Edit

Here's another question:

I have to go in next Wednesday for blood tests to make sure my clotting is okay b/c I am going in for a tonsillectomy on May 23rd. Has anyone had any blood tests after drinking absinthe and has it had any adverse effects on the test validity?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation