Glass Ware??

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Glass Ware??
By Bob_Chong on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 12:58 am: Edit

Also look for "fountain glasses" that suit your liking, on ebay or at any common retail chain. They are often very similar in size and shape to some of the absinthe glasses.

By Anatomist1 on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 05:33 pm: Edit

If you're not hung up on "authenticity" or the antique mystique, try a place like Cost Cutters World Mart or Pier One Imports. I got some heavy conical glasses that look alot like the ones you see in 100 year old paintings for $3.00 each.

K.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 04:47 pm: Edit

Thanatos, I think it's unlikely you will find absinthe parafernalia in antique shops here in the States, since the green fairy was only popular in the South, and for a much shorter period than in France.

Try Ebay. Of course, it is very hard to know if the stuff is original or not, except when they make some obvious mistakes like ofering: "Antique Absinthe Pitcher: Pernod 51"!!! or bakelite bistro plates.

I've gotten some good stuff there. Is all of it Belle Epoque? I will never know. Ignorance is bliss...

By Thanatos on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 04:08 pm: Edit

I am anxiously awaiting my first Bottles to arrive. I ordered a few Bottles from Sebor last week before finding this resource and realizing that there was much better to be had. So I promptly placed an order with SC for some Deva. Both orders are due to arrive this week.

Now I am on a quest for appropriate Glassware. I have no desire to spend $50+ per glass. I thought I would try some antique shops and junk stores. Is there a name for proper Glassware for absinthe? A Particular Style?
I have seen many pictures of the type of glasses that I would like, but I find it difficult to describe these glasses when calling around to various shops.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation