My Adventures in the UK

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: My Adventures in the UK
By Absinthedrinker on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 06:43 am: Edit

"We had a most enjoyable evening, starting with several caipirinhas at a very trendy bar"

So Ted, have you found out who Chris Evans and Billy Piper are then?

By Ekmass on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 05:20 am: Edit

Glad to hear that you had a good trip. Look forward to seeing you here in France when you get the chance.
a bientot

By Germanandy on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 03:05 am: Edit

yep andreas, we should do this... but in the near future i'm totaly booked out.
we can make it after my vacation in spain, i come back in august.

By Aion on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 11:43 pm: Edit

Ted,
if once your way crosses Vienna it would be a
pleasure for me to meet you.

Andy,
what about Munich for a German / Austrian meeting?
Just an idea.

A.

By Germanandy on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 01:33 pm: Edit

i appreciate that ted!

By Tabreaux on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 01:10 pm: Edit

Having made it back home in one piece, I can say that the several days I spent in the UK were most enjoyable.

I arrived on Thursday morning, and spent that evening with several friends, including Absinthedrinker. We had a most enjoyable evening, starting with several caipirinhas at a very trendy bar, and moved on to the pouring of the 'Listerine' at a small Thai restaurant in Central London. I poured three of the Jade products (including one that was not part of the N.O gathering), and we had a delightful evening. I was such a zombie when I returned to my hotel room (not that I remember), I think I slept until 2pm the next day! That evening was almost surreal, but I enjoyed the 'red carpet' Absinthedrinker.

Friday and Sat, I met with some very hip restaurant and bar owners, and I was always greeted with enthusiasm. Following the tasting of the samples I poured, the shortcomings of the current selection (Hills, Starop., etc.) are apparent, and everyone seems to be finally realizing that these products are really quite bad! After all, 30 UK pounds for a 50cL of Starop. is no bargain.

Sunday, I met Lordhobgoblin and his wife for lunch. They turned out to be two of the most pleasant persons I have met yet surrounding matters absinthe. Also present were two friends of mine, one of whom is an artist that lives in Oxford. Quite frankly, we all had a very pleasant and enjoyable afternoon, and was quite pleased to meet Lordhobgoblin. A pleasant afternoon is what I needed that day (especially following my brisk walk through Hampstead to get to the restaurant). It is always amazing that despite much of the antics that go around on this BB, everyone I've met seems to be pleasant, interesting, and enjoyable. I have a feeling that I will be back in London before long, so we can maybe replan a tasting then. Until that time, I've had about all I can put into 4 days in London!

France and Germany, you are both still on the list. I'll make the rounds there soon.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation