Paris Get-together

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Paris Get-together
By Tlautrec on Friday, May 25, 2001 - 03:50 pm: Edit

Ekmass & Petermarc -

The July 4th event would definitely be in the evening, starting at l'heure verte or as soon thereafter as people can show up. When this Paris get-together idea first surfaced a few months ago, there was the notion that Ted might be in town in late June or early July. If that is so, I'd also like to plan something that accommodates his schedule.

Ted - Any possibility of this?

By Petermarc on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 04:35 pm: Edit

try both addresses...

By Germanandy on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 03:33 pm: Edit

unfortunaly independence day is in the middle of the week and i can't make a day off because i'm alone at work (my workmate is on vacation this time).
i'd love to join you but it's impossible.
but i send peter something for you to party ;-)
i'm about 500 km far from paris.

@peter- i can't send you mails, they always return by that damned "mailer demon"!

By Ekmass on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 09:47 am: Edit

All sounds well. Unfortunatly, Petermarc and I both work on the 4th (but only during the day). Tlautrec, do you drink wine? I have some decent bottles in the cave, also I know Petermarc appreciates the gifts of Dionysus. I could bring some wine as well as well as a bit of my stash of the fairy. Germanandy, It would be great if you could make it. How far do you live from here?

By Tlautrec on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 01:13 am: Edit

Just informing those possibly interested that a Fourth of July party (in addition to whatever gourmet arrangements some of us might also make before that) looks like a go from our end. My brother-in-law Jim, who owns the apartment we'll be staying in, is thinking of coming over to attend whatever party I can manage to arrange on that date. Jim spent his junior year of college at the University of Gottingen, und darum spricht er ziemlich gut Deutsch. This would be a good opportunity for some of you in Western Europe, especially the Germans, to convene with the Americans in Paris, and on our national holiday, to boot. However, given what I understand the size of the place to be, we'll need some kind of a head count in advance. So if you're interested, please e-mail me at Thanks.

By Ekmass on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 06:47 am: Edit

I am thirsty already

By Petermarc on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 05:48 am: Edit

how about,say, tomorrow?

By Ekmass on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 05:25 am: Edit

If I can put my 2 cents in I am a pretty good cook too but love to sample other's cooking. I will be around and all to happy to do what I can. Still got 1/2 a bottle of La Bleue and others left and w/ a new baby due in a few weeks the bottles will probably remain untouched for some time.

By Petermarc on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 02:39 am: Edit

i don't think ted will be able to make it then...however, that doesn't mean there can't be a gala event, anyways! i'm sure an interesting selection can be rounded up for l'heure verte...

By Tlautrec on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 05:18 pm: Edit

A few months ago, there were a few postings (including one or two from me) about a get-together when Ted is in Paris at the end of next month. I recall that both Petermarc and Ekmass stated that they would be around. It's not too early to start planning this gala event (especially because I'll be unavailable electronically after June 12), so here are my initial ideas, depending, of course, on when Ted will be in town. My wife and I will be in Paris from the 27th or so through July 7, so any of those dates are convenient for us. We'll be staying in an apartment in the 1st near the Louvre, which is centrally located. I'm a pretty darned good cook (if I say so myself), so if the group isn't too large, we could have people over for l'heure verte, followed by dinner. Another (perhaps supplementary) idea is to have a Fourth of July party. What better way to celebrate our national holiday than by quaffing the magical elixir? These are just a couple of suggestions. What else might any of you - especially the locals - have in mind?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation