Hot Chocolate!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Hot Chocolate!
By Perruche_Verte on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 09:52 am: Edit

Hadn't thought of Godiva, Head, but that's a thought.

Drinking alone again, K.?

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 01:18 am: Edit

I tried a little Godiva Liquor in my N.S. and the Deva 70 tonight. It was pretty damn tastey. Thanks for the Chocolate Directive Perruche.

By Anatomist1 on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 01:13 am: Edit

Wow, this sounds great! I'll start smuggling liquor into my place of business, and learn to use a stiff shot as an invaluable aid to accomplishing ordinary daily tasks. Now what to drink? I remeber hearing something about some fancified hot chocolate drink somewhere...

K?

By Perruche_Verte on Friday, May 25, 2001 - 09:27 pm: Edit

I love both chocolate and anise, but I believe they represent opposite sides of The Force or something, and normally need to be kept far apart from each other. But all the remarks about Segarra's "butterscotch" flavor, plus my pleasant experience with Segarra in Suissesse (thanks Ian!), led to a flash of inspiration.

I had brought a small flask of Segarra to my job (!), because I was heading straight to a recording session afterwards. On the way out, I filled a mug with hot chocolate from the vending machine and added a shot of Segarra.

It was astoundingly good. As I suspected, the "butterscotch" flavor rose to the top, with anise and other flavors present but not obtrusive. I want to try it again with a nicer chocolate like Ghirardelli. The session went very well indeed.

Try this one on a cold rainy day.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation