Green fairies do exist!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Green fairies do exist!
By Verawench on Monday, November 12, 2001 - 07:11 pm: Edit

Where to start...

fly..fly...flyyyyyy

By Head_Prosthesis on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 09:56 pm: Edit

Poop stories! Gotta lovem'

By Head_Prosthesis on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 09:54 pm: Edit

CHONGER!!!

By Bob_Chong on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 09:52 pm: Edit

I'm not always a dickhead--I just play one most of the time.

But the loose poop story was true. Damned funny stuff. I guess I have *that* digestive tract to look forward to as I grow older.

My dad is a big movie buff, and that was his Hollywood Babylon moment, I guess.

BC

By Marc on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 09:46 pm: Edit

Some comic relief from, of all people, Bob Chong!

By Marc on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 09:45 pm: Edit

Justin,

please realize that when I started reading Poe
40 years ago and Rimbaud 35 years ago, they weren't the hip icons they are now. I was very much alone in my love for Rimbaud. Kids back in 1966 weren't reading the Drunken Boat. They were drunk in the backseat.

By Bob_Chong on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 09:45 pm: Edit

My dad took a shit in Marion Davies' bathroom.

Mexican never did agree with him. They had to hold up the next tour group while he wretched in there.

BC

(writing from Cape Canaveral, formerly Cape Kennedy, formerly Cape Arbuckle)

By Chrysippvs on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 09:31 pm: Edit

Marc,

Look to your left, quick! Here it comes...

"blah blah blah...."

I don't diminish all "great" writers. I deeply respect many poets, artists, and other geniuses throughout history. Just because I don't accept the general regiment of Romantic Garbage from that period doesn't mean that I don't enjoy and am deeply moved by pieces of art and literature.

I just won't bow down and kiss the feet of Poe, Delacroix, and the rest of that Romantic cannon foder when there are men like David and Vergil around to compare them to. It is a horrid shame that people refuse to read Homer, Milton and the like because they want to be so trendy and iconoclastic.

"Acknowledged masters" from the same mouth of "I create trends, I don't follow them."

You sure about that?

And sure you can have a CD, I think many of us can agree that Legend of Zelda and the like are and will continue to be classics.

By Marc on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 06:48 pm: Edit

its hard to take nintendo boy seriously when he
tries to diminish the works of acknowledged masters of literature and the arts as the products of "crybabies".

Justin,

I am eagerly awaiting the opportunity to read your novels and peruse your paintings. Until then, can I get one of those nintendo thingies?

By _Blackjack on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 06:15 pm: Edit

I've had my pretentious lacquered, so it doesn't need waxing...

By Chrysippvs on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 05:19 pm: Edit

Speak for yourself Kevin...

By Anatomist1 on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 03:57 pm: Edit

To whine or not to whine... who cares? The people y'all are talking about let their actions do the talking. It's not like you're planning on hanging out with them. Common among all the names mentioned is bold action, as leaders and artists. Crybabies or not, they did a lot more with themselves, and for us, than sit around in armchairs waxing pretentious.

K.

By Chrysippvs on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 01:54 pm: Edit

Yeah I actually thought about that after I had posted, but you can't use the edit feature. He was an odd man, would stroll around naked in order to limit his sexual desire thinking that it would somehow influence the revolutionaries...

By _Blackjack on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 01:47 pm: Edit

Quote:

Socrates didn't cry about things, neither did Epictetus, Seneca, Ghandi, Martin Luther King Jr, Fedreick Douglas, Jesus, and the like and I am sure their life was just peachy.

Gandhi did a lot of kvetching. Read his Story of my Experiments with Truth. He goes on and on about fairly trivial stuff. He was riddled with guilt about his inability to sublimate his desire for his wife, that he was home having sex with her when his father died, and, later, on how his celibacy hurt his marriage. He is haunted by his involvement in his youth with a group who resolved to start eating meat in order to be able to match they physical dominance of their English opressors. He spends a chapter complaining about the difficulties of laundry when he was a lawyer. None of this minimizes his work, but it certainly blows a hole in the idea that he was superhuman. He was actually a rather insecure and neurotic man.

By _Blackjack on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 01:12 pm: Edit

Quote:

It is a shame to listen to, Crowley's voice is so nasal.

Yeah, it is. The Great Beast sounds like a Big Dork. LaVey has the same problem. You want people like that to sound like James Earl Jones or something, not Erkle...

Quote:

On a different tone, watching SLC Punk!

One of my favorite movies of the past few years. It rang REALLY true for me. I knew those people. It was kinda eerie.

By Verawench on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 09:49 am: Edit

"Poe on the other hand, for all his talent, did a lot of puling."

Isn't that assuming that a man's life is relevant to liking or disliking his work? If so, I'd disagree.

If, of course, we're just discussing the personality differences between Poe and Lovecraft then that's a different story. One was a nice weird guy, the other a masochistic loser, sounds fine to me.

By Don_Walsh on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 08:06 am: Edit

Dear Aion,

I'll side with Justin. Lovecraft came from a family of bankrupt former Providence plutarchs with paresis. His sole marriage didn't lasy long, he was as neurotic as five monkeys in a sack, and he died young of Bright's Disease and cancer. But he never whined about any of it. Instead, he was a quite friendly sort, according to my late friends E.Hoffman Price (a lovecraft collaborator) and August Derleth opf Arkham House (my first publisher) who knew him. Certainly he gave more than a fair share of his time and energy to correspondence with fans and wannabe colleagues, viz. the collected Lovecraft letters edited by Don Wandrei.

Poe on the other hand, for all his talent, did a lot of puling.

By Aion on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 01:20 am: Edit

Just finished reading a collection of short stories written by Thomas Ligotti this weekend.
Was overwhelmed of the sheer insanity of this work. Like a reincarnation of Lovecraft.
Anyone knows / likes his stuff?
A.

By Heiko on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 01:18 am: Edit

Wow! I've been away for a few hours and this thread has transformed from a rant about some guy's webpage into an intellectual discussion about poets, bible citations and aesthetics.

I leave you alone for a little while and what do you do? Bring niveau into the discussion... aren't you ashamed? ;-)

By Frater_Carfax on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 01:10 am: Edit

It has been a day of discovering truly beautiful people....anyone for a sensual bath with Jesus?

http://jesus.com/

Peter Pan the Pixie Man is kitsch...

Jesus, well he is subversively classy!

Give that man an absinthe I say!

By Chrysippvs on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 12:49 am: Edit

Nice K. I am a staunch proponent of the Roman concept of Beauty, none of the Anglo-Saxon stuff. I spotted my girlfriend out of a crowd because she was a spitting image of Agrippina.

By Admin on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 12:38 am: Edit

Here's another goddess (you might appreciate Chrys) ... a sketch I did recently in the middle of the night from a bust of the Empress Livia:

I want to be a Goddess

By Head_Prosthesis on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 12:13 am: Edit

Sorry about that. I try to keep them small and infrequent but sometimes I get carried away...

By Admin on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 12:10 am: Edit

I'm not good at critiquing poetry (not one of my strong points) but Poe is brilliant with his rythm, don't even need to understand the meaning really, almost musical. Trance inducing.

BTW ... theda is a GODDESS. I will sacrifice a wee bit o bandwidth in her honor.

By Chrysippvs on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 12:07 am: Edit

Last time I checked most of them were writers and other communicators. If nothing else they were people, and it is worthless to complain in life.

"I saw a man weeping, and I wondered why he choose to do so."

-Chrysippus.

By Head_Prosthesis on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 12:06 am: Edit

"I am ORDERED TO REMAIN SILENT IN REGARD TO ALL THAT I HAVE LEARNED, ON THE BEHALF OF HUMANITY!!!! Incredible! I am reminded that I am a military man and I must obey orders."

From the Secret Diary of Admiral Richard E. Byrd

Hollow Earth

By Chrysippvs on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 12:03 am: Edit

Funny thing is one of Dee's benefactor was named Joahness Marcus Marci, he owned the (in)famous Voynich MS.

and you can hear the perverted golden Dawn Version of Dee's work on the Wax Cylinder of A. Crowley. It is a shame to listen to, Crowley's voice is so nasal.

On a different tone, watching SLC Punk! Great flick, my girl is big into the Punk/goth fashion...funny huh?

By Marc on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 12:03 am: Edit

Justin

Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jesus and Socrates
were not writers of mysteries and supernatural tales. I don't get your point? Why the comparison
to Poe?

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:52 pm: Edit

I would like to know when Dr. John's new album is going to be released.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:45 pm: Edit

"I don't think many people care to discuss linguistic anomalies in the Liber Logoaeth"

Bingo.

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:45 pm: Edit

Actually it is 22:1. Sorry. Read that Psalm, he is obvious making clear mention to messianic themes of the period.

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:41 pm: Edit

Actually he is quoting Psalm 23:1. Half of what Jesus said was paraphrase of OT and Misraic passages.

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:39 pm: Edit

I don't admire Lovecraft, I just read him along with tons of other stuff. Actually I began to read him becuase of my interest (obsession) with Dr. John Dee. However I don't think many people care to discuss linguistic anomalies in the Liber Logoaeth etc..which is just as trendy and occult, but not quite spooky enough for the people who don't want to do the research.

I have a John Dee statue sitting right across the room sitting on top of a wax replica of the Sigilium Dei Aemeth, it is nice.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:38 pm: Edit

Jesus: "Eli Lama Sabbachtani?"

wah wah wah, whine whine whine.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:37 pm: Edit

Like a wrestler from the Bad Side of Palm Beach.

By _Blackjack on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:36 pm: Edit

Quote:

You're so gay.

That's probably it. But when _I_ wear tights, it's menacing, dammit!

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:35 pm: Edit

I hope those pictures are running up the bandwidth for fair Kallisti.

By Aion on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:34 pm: Edit

Justin:
How can anyone who admires Lovecraft hate Poe?

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:33 pm: Edit

Socrates didn't cry about things, neither did Epictetus, Seneca, Ghandi, Martin Luther King Jr, Fedreick Douglas, Jesus, and the like and I am sure their life was just peachy.

Poe was a wellspoken crybaby.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:16 pm: Edit

"Poe was a well spoken crybaby"

Yeah! How dare he whine after such a plush little life.

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:15 pm: Edit

Poe was a well spoken crybaby.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:13 pm: Edit

One more for Anatomist
Bones

By Thegreenimp on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:12 pm: Edit

\image {Mabelpostcard}

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:51 pm: Edit

GO THEDA It's yer BIRTHDAY!!!

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:45 pm: Edit

"Baudelaire was obsessed with Poe."

Poe was a great writer. Baudelaire was obsessed with Poe's prose more than his verse. Then again one of my favorite poems is Poe's "Alone". Good for all that built up high school angst!

By Thegreenimp on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:44 pm: Edit

I prefer Mabel Normand to Theda Bara, and Mabel led a far more interesting life, beyond what could be written in a script.

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:41 pm: Edit

Poe was great short story writer and a god to Baudelaire. Baudelaire was obsessed with Poe.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:39 pm: Edit

theda

By Thegreenimp on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:39 pm: Edit

I believe Buster Keaton helped Arbuckle get the directing jobs, which he did under the name Willam Goodrich........just before he died in 1934 he was in front of the camera again making short comedy films.
He said this is the happiest day of my life, when he made his last film, before dying in his sleep of a heart attack.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:37 pm: Edit

SIN!

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:37 pm: Edit

SIN

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:35 pm: Edit

Theda!!!! A vamp on the screen, a quiet book worm/housewife in real life.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:34 pm: Edit

Theda BABY!

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:34 pm: Edit

Poe was a terrible poet.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:29 pm: Edit

marion davies

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:27 pm: Edit

Years later, when Arbuckle was trying to get back into pictures, William
Randolph Hearst actually gave him one of his first real post-scandal jobs
directing The Red Mill, a mediocre film starring the equally mediocre Marion
Davies. Silent star Aileen Pringle later recalled that on the first day of
shooting at the Hearst-owned Cosmopolitan Pictures, Arbuckle went up to Hearst
(the tycoon liked to hang around film shoots to keep an eye on his attractive
mistress Davies and make sure the men on the set did not focus undue attention
on her) and asked "Why are you giving me a job when you did everything you could
to hurt me?"

Hearst's reply was to pat Arbuckle on the shoulder and say "I don't care what
you did, son. All I ever wanted to do was to sell papers."

By Thegreenimp on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:26 pm: Edit

The DA suppressed the autopsy performed on Rappe, and plenty of evidence exists to prove his innocence.......The jury of the last trial even issued the unprecidented statment that not only was Arbuckle not guilty, but that a great injustice was done to him......of course that was printed on the back pages of the Newspapers.

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:26 pm: Edit

Baudelaire was a watered down Poe.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:24 pm: Edit

"Rimbaud was at best a watered-down Baudelaire"

Some things taste great with water. Really, need I name one that comes to mind?

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:23 pm: Edit

I always did like Orson

During the 1920's and beyond, William Randolph Hearst used his newspaper chains
to thunder against the "liquor-and-sex orgies" of popular screen actors and the
general decadence of Hollywood. Hearst's piousness was based more on the
principle that scandal sells newspapers than on any deeply-felt moral beliefs,
as he himself was quite close to many studio barons and other important movie
industry figures, and was known to throw his own lavish bacchanalias, just like
Arbuckle. Hearst's hypocrisy did not go unnoticed by movie makers, and Orson
Welles used it to embarrass the tycoon twenty years later in the
thinly-disguised Hearst biography Citizen Kane. Welles chose to make dying
newspaper magnate Charles Foster Kane's final word "Rosebud," which was Hearst's
pet name for the clitoris of his mistress, actress Marion Davies.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:23 pm: Edit

"perhaps I'm covering up a deep affection for her"

Eww.

By Thegreenimp on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:21 pm: Edit

Never happened, it was made up to sell newspapers.....Hearst had a photo of Arbuckle inside a bottle, run on the front page to sell more papers.....Hearst was a real scumbag, although not unique to journalism.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:20 pm: Edit

Just like O.J.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:19 pm: Edit

"The general
consensus among those who have studied the Arbuckle trials is that he was indeed
innocent of raping and murdering Virginia, but even today some accounts report
the rape as uncontested fact.

It is possible to stitch together all the different stories and agree upon
several details that are common to most or all of them, as well as speculate on
the veracity of some of the better-known rumors that have become intrinsic parts
of the Arbuckle mythos."
-Paul H Henry

I guess we'll never really know.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:12 pm: Edit

Did they say anything about Fatty using a coke bottle on her vagina?

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:08 pm: Edit

"Justin, my little kumquat, do you believe in anything? Do you have ideals? Why so bitter so young?"

You would be suprised how much I believe in. Bitter....I am just pragmatic.

By Thegreenimp on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:01 pm: Edit

Roscoe Arbuckle was never a murderer, or even laid a hand on Virginia Rappe'(who died of a botched abortion & and an untreated case of the clap).....he was just an innocent man who was framed. He hated being called "Fatty" and none of his friends ever used that nickname.
Hopefully there is a special place in Hell for the D.A. Brady who was the prosecuter.
The full story is in Yallop's "The Day the Laughter Stopped", and Edmond's "Framed".

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:00 pm: Edit

blackjack,

perhaps I'm covering up a deep affection for her.

I've only negatively commented on Vera's heiko thread and the Fairy thread. I've made a point of saying I like her art. And I like Vera.

You're so gay.

By _Blackjack on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 09:53 pm: Edit

Quote:

I wasn't attacking Vera.

I don't just mean this thread. You've been picking on her, without provocation, for several days now. I don't know if you think it's cute, if this is your version of dipping the cute girl's braids in the inkwell, but some of it has come off as genuinely mean-spirited. I'd come to expect a little better from you.

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 09:53 pm: Edit

I create trends, I don't follow them.

Justin, my little kumquat, do you believe in anything? Do you have ideals? Why so bitter so young?

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 09:45 pm: Edit

Of Course, I have a PdH in "Blah Blah Blah." I just don't get the whole "tredny leftist" garbage. Marc, you are a sweetie pie, you can always be my verlaine...

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 09:43 pm: Edit

Justin,

your blah blah blah shit is insulting and tiresome. I guess as someone who has compiled all of Nintendos games onto a disc, your quite the expert on blah blah blah.

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 09:37 pm: Edit

blah blah blah....Rimbaud was at best a watered-down Baudelaire, even he admitted that. Une Saison was great as a piece of autobiography, but that is about it.

People want to look toward 3 years of a mans life to remember. Rimbaud was a racist and a failure who converted on his deathbed, what a way to "make the 98 wounds of our Lord bleed." He was Verlaines lapdog, and when the money and booze ran dry he was an incompetent vagabond. Those are the facts.

To focus on the 3 years of Rimbaud life in which he abhorred, is to spit on the grave of Rimbaud.

And for the many talented people that claim Rimbaud influenced them, aside from the geniuses which needed no inspiration, were mostly confessonial crybabies.

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 09:16 pm: Edit

Calling Rimabaud a failed businessman is like calling Charles Bukowski a third-rate mailman or
Odilon Redon an okay banker. We do not remember artists for the mediocrities in their life, but for the magic. Thats why we remember them at all.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 09:11 pm: Edit

Fatty Arbuckle funny man not the murderer...

I have this same argument with a guy at work about man's achievments elevating him from his human downfalls. He is hellbent on John Lennon being a god because of his work however Frank Lloyd Wright is a BUM because he dumped his wife and kids. I'm pretty sure Johnny did the same thing with the first wife.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 08:56 pm: Edit

Actually, I think it's perfectly reasonable to call Rimbaud a failed businessman, a slave trader - any number of labels he may have applied to himself. The facts of his later life cannot be denied - NOR can his influence as a poet.

Paul Gauguin was a commonplace bourgeoise for a good long while - before he abandoned his wife, kids and a successful carreer in Paris to become a painter. Nobody remembers his achievements as a stockbroker.

We will always recognize great men and women by the profession or role which influences us the most. Lincoln the president, not the lawyer, Hitler the fascist dictator, not the second rate painter, etc.

Vera

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 07:59 pm: Edit

Rimbaud is one of France's greatest poets. He's been supremely influence on poets, writers and rock lyricists. One shouldn't just focus on the man, but the inspiration. There is no question that Rimbaud has inpired many people, including Andre Bretton, Antonin Artaud, Cocteau, Henry Miller, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, William Burroughs, Jim Morrison, Bob Dylan and Patti Smith. In other words, some of the best and most influential artists of the 20th century. To call
Rimbaud some kind of failed businessman is not only idiotic and cynical, it is an insult to all
of us who have found Rimbaud's poetry inspirational.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 07:35 pm: Edit

I don't think it's a shame.. I think it's great to see a man's art be of such significance or appeal as to make any other aspect of his existence unimportant.

I've read Rimbaud's biographies but his poetry never lost its priority to me.

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 07:27 pm: Edit

"By the way, I have 'RIBAUD" tattooed on my left upper arm. The tattoo is almost 10 years older than you."

Not a very good idea considering the fact that Rimbaud in fact thought of that slim period of time that he composed poetry as a complete waste of time. Rimbaud, in reality, was an incompetent coffee trade, a no-name gun runner, and an unrecognized explorer of the Ethiopic wasteland who also participated in the slave trade and felt that the Danakil people were Eugenically inferior. He declared his work of only 3 years to be "absurd, ridiculous, disgusting."

I find it a shame that people bear a Rimbaud in mind that hardly even existed...

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 04:02 pm: Edit

No point. Don't be defensive. Its a comment on our age difference, nothing more.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 03:59 pm: Edit

"By the way, I have "RIMBAUD" tattooed on my left upper arm. The tattoo is almost 10 years older than you."

What's your point?

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 03:59 pm: Edit

Vera,

its funny you should mention Rimbaud. I was thinking of how his goofy little suit with the string tie reminds me a little of some of Randy's costumes.

By the way, I have "RIMBAUD" tattooed on my left upper arm. The tattoo is almost 10 years older than you.

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 03:54 pm: Edit

Vera,

I like your website very much. But, Randy's is so over-the-top, kitschy and shameless, I am awed by it. I wish my website was as remarkable.

There are some people, like Randy, who remind me of how much I still play it safe. I dress in a way that attracts attention, but its still in a
acceptably hip rock and roll style. People check me out, but they don't laugh at me. They usually mistake me for someone famous.

Back in the 60s being a longhaired freak was dangerous. I had the shit kicked out of me on several occasions. Once by cops in Nevada.
I had people throw stuff at me from passing cars.
At the age of 15 (1966) I pierced both of my ears,
wore my hair down my back and walked around conservative Virginia in a sleeveless jean jacket with a huge peace sign on the back. I was cursed at, threatened and even jailed. Hitchhiking across the United States looking the way I did
was at times harrowing. It was also wonderful. I got picked up by many people who just wanted to talk and find out what I was all about. From redneck truckdrivers to 7th Day Adventists, people were curious as to who the hippies were.
I was more than willing to share my beliefs. Which were, and still are:
anti-war, pro-psychedelics, equal rights for women, free expression, being sexually open and healthy, anti-racism, protecting the environment...the whole left-wing, peacenik program.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 03:54 pm: Edit

Marc dearie, being brilliant and serious all the time would make me single faceted. I don't think I'd like that. Let's also not forget that "brilliant" and "original" are as relative as you can get with words.

Take Rimbaud, whose birthday I share to the date (we're 125 years apart). Genius by most accounts, a brat and a troubled, mean spirit by many others. A complex being overall.

Far be it for me to compare myself to Arthur, but I do enjoy running the spectrum: art nazi; sensitive aesthete; reluctant feminist; silly, rowdy drunk. I'm proud of that, just as Randy is proud of his outfits.

Just a word about my site: I don't know if you realize but it's devoted to my artwork alone. It's not a place for me to talk about my two cats or absinthe or my love of hiking and waterfalls. IT IS one-faceted, or, if you prefer, narrowly focused to a particular aspect of my life. It's not about me. It's about my little doodles.

Vera

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 03:36 pm: Edit

blackjack,

I wasn't attacking Vera. I don't know her. I was comparing her website (which is all I really know of her) to Randy's. I think Randy's is further out and more original.

I think Vera's artwork is terrific. That's why I'm somewhat impatient with her when she fails to
live up to her more brilliant sensibilites. But, I shouldn't judge.

By Heiko on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 03:09 pm: Edit

Perruche,

I have to agree about the midi music. There is nothing I hate more than surfing around in the middle of the night, when all of a sudden a breaking noise almost gives me a heart attack... this always happens when I forget to turn down the volume of the stereo - those midi files usually start to play with 100% volume, and this is very, very loud with all of my sound equipment connected to the computer...

By Heiko on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 03:00 pm: Edit

When I said I have to laugh about this guy, it was not meant in a mean way. I just found it so unbelievable. Actually I like people who make me laugh.
I like to be surrounded by people who are not totally normal. When I'm with people who dress different, I feel much more accepted than when I'm under the pressure of people in only fashionable suits who drive fashionable sports cars. That's why I like to go to a fucked up goa party rather than any fashionable house club. But even there I can feel the people are not as free and open minded as they claim they are - I am not as free and open minded as I would like to be. This is why I have to admire the mental freedom this guy has achieved. Nevertheless, looking at his pictures makes me laugh (and if you look at the pictures more closely, you will see that he is well aware that he looks silly in his costumes - but he likes it and doesn't care. Maybe he even WANTS to be silly...).

I guess we should all laugh much more and be silly without being mean to each other - that's what I learned from his site.

By _Blackjack on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 01:08 pm: Edit

Marc,

"Tolerance" does not preclude one from continuing to actually have an aesthetic sense. I have nothing against this guy. More power too him. He's obviously having a right good time with his life. I refuse, however, to deny the fact that _I_ happen to think he looks rather goofy. I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way about me. I don't expect them to change. I don't expect them to quit staring. Hell, if they weren't staring, I probably would be hurt. As long as they don't throw shit at me, we're fine.

You are right, honestly, that this guy is displaying a level of creativity in his personal persona that goes well beyond, for instance, my post-apocalyptic pirate-cowboy look. His particular choices, however, are not ones I find aesthetically pleasing. My aesthetic leans toward darker and more menacing imagery. I suspect it has something to do with spending my adolescence with Reagan in the Whitehouse.

I recognize, wholeheartedly, that come the revolution, this guy is on MY side. If anyone tried to harm him in my presence, I would defend him, in the same way I would one of the big-pants raver kids or those dread-locked white pseudo-hippies. I know the real enemy, and I know who my compatriots are. However, that doesn't mean I have to approve of the way they dress.

Likewise, you need to remember that Vera is a freak like you, even if you don't approve of the way she presents herself. Criticize her style if you like, but attacking HER is, well, square, man.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 10:14 am: Edit

I'm the last person to judge someone like our boy fairy. He's actually quite lovable. That's why I refrain from making any judgement in the first place.

But try finding his "flying" picture in a green Peter Pan suit after a few glasses of abainthe and the effect is as unsettling as that picture in Head's profile. As a sidenote, I stumbled across him via the Cruel Site of the Day.

Vera

By Perruche_Verte on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 09:42 am: Edit

Don't laugh, Head -- the guy's made $396.93 on MP3.com already, more than any of my friends have made with their shitty bands. I'm sure he's poised for world takeover soon...

And then we will know that "through the cracks" of that pixyish grin, shines the wrath of an angry God.

Speaking of which, if God is listening, I hope S/he'll never again let me surf inadvertently to a page that begins playing godawful MIDI music the moment I download it. That is a tasteless design feature that at a minimum, ought to disqualify one from HTML Writer's Guild membership for life.

By Admin on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 02:33 am: Edit

oh YEAH ... and ya'll shoulda seen what *I* was wearing at Mardi Gras this year. In green tutu w/ giant daisies spanning my waist I was evil twin of boy fairy.

By Admin on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 02:30 am: Edit

I just think the boy fairy is adorable. I have many friends who are crazy wacky in this sense, and I think I need more.

o/~ boooy faaairy beee my freeeeeend! o/~

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 01:00 am: Edit

Attaboy.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:59 am: Edit

Anatomist thanks for keeping us focused on what is truly the core of the matter here...

Marc, I must develop that independence and initiative you have.

Vera Baby. Mm mm mm. Love your bitstream.

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:56 am: Edit

still letting my freak flag fly.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:55 am: Edit

And look at you now.

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:51 am: Edit

Vera,

My absinthe collection consists of Nephilim's homemade, La Bleue, La Fee and all the Spanish brands. The only Czech I like is Sebor. I have two bottles of unopened Hills.

I left high school in 1967. I was thrown out for having longhair and starting an organization called The Student Freedom League. The SFL was a student rights movement. The day I left high school, I went home, gathered a few belongings
and walked to the nearest freeway entrance. 3 days later I was in the Haight-Ashbury. I never went back home.

By Anatomist1 on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:51 am: Edit

People, people... we need to get beyond what seems important in the here and now, and focus on matters of true importance. We need to realize that it isn't just importance that's important. On the contrary, what at first presents itself as merely important proves itself to be extremely important in the end. After all, it is that which was once moderately important that ends up becoming even more important in the end. We need to focus on importance, because unimportance will become less and less important as time passes. What we really need is someone who'll stand up for importance for importance sake. Only then will we finally get down to what is most important.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:49 am: Edit

My high school experiences were much more relaxed. The burnouts loved me, the jocks thought I was cool. The nerds were in awe. The Vice-Principal's main concern with my attire was whether or not the rounds were live on the ammo belt I wore. I assured him that I had emptied out the powder by drilling into the shell in machine shop.

He was relieved.

And on that note I sent an email to one of my grade school teachers who I had the "hots" for. I was reminded of her while I was looking at Kalisti's profile. Mrs. Bice wore those cat girl frames too. I thought that was so sexy even when I was 9 years old.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:42 am: Edit

I know. I had a friend that is gay. I lost contact with him. Which pains me.

But if he had seen that site he would have said "closet" in his best Ethel Merman voice.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:41 am: Edit

Head, honey, you can talk to me. I'm not a "living breathing woman", I swear, just some data temporarily suspended in cyberspace.

Also, I got picked on badly in high school. Preppies used to yank at my bondage collars I wore and make fun of my black lipstick. It still hurts so bad... the scar from the yanking, I mean.

Also, would someone stop shipping Hill's to Marc's address? I'm worried about him.

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:39 am: Edit

head,

I was going mention self-loathing and homophobia
earlier in this thread. But, I held off. I think there's truth to your statement. On the other hand, I'm sure my gay friends would find Randy's site even funnier than we do. Gays can be as square as us straight males.

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:36 am: Edit

Randy's site is funny, goofy, silly etc. And I navigated it with a a certain sense of amazed disbelief. But, he seems like a kind and goodhearted person. I reserve my disdain for the real assholes in the world. And he's not one.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:33 am: Edit

He's not laughing at himself the way I was laughing at him though. See I thought he was gay. I thought he was making some sort of pro-"many colors in the homo-rainbow" statement. I see now that it's my self-loathing and homophobia that created this dillema. If I was more in touch with myself. I'd be able to accept myself for who I am and he for who he is, not who I think he is.

I'm a straight white male who can't talk to living breathing women. Ok! I said it. It's true, it's true...

I can't stand that VOYAGER has ended.

That's why I spend most of my pathetic life posting on this here forum...

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:29 am: Edit

Come now, dear Heiko. You're better than that. Join in the humble repentance for laughing at the man in green tights.

By Heiko on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:23 am: Edit

Wait, wait - it's sunday morning here (uhm, I guess this is even more weird...why would I spend sunday morning posting on an absinthe forum? Why am I still awake?)

btw. this guy says it's OK to laugh about his site and his pictures. He laughs about himself as well. I mean, who wouldn't? I just can't resist laughing. This is not bad per se. I can say I never found a site on the web that was that amusing. Next time when I feel bad, I think of Peter Pan in his pink pants, and my problems are gone... I'm laughing again... :-)

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:09 am: Edit

And I think Marc looks more like Rasputin than Rob Zombie.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:06 am: Edit

That's my girl!

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:05 am: Edit

I'm submitting my application for the court Rasputin.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:04 am: Edit

I am a loyal subject.
Jester if you will.

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:02 am: Edit

I accept.

By Verawench on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:01 am: Edit

Hey! Here's a thought! Let's crown you their king!

By Marc on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:00 am: Edit

The "general public" consists of a bunch of losers
sitting at home on a Saturday night posting in an absinthe forum.

By Wolfgang on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:58 pm: Edit

Black or pink or wathever, it`s just about photons spining at different frequencies...

...too many absinthe...sorry...

By Marc on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:56 pm: Edit

" I don't need to prove my high intellect with every word"

No fear of that.

By Verawench on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:49 pm: Edit

Throw any more unreasonable insults at me for posting something that amuses the general public, and I won't be so damn tolerant anymore.

I don't need to prove my high intellect with every word. Especially not to YOU. So drop the "daddy knows best" shit. Mkay?

By Marc on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:31 pm: Edit

This shit really reminds me of high school. Its
the reason I left. Tell me Vera, did they make fun
of you in school?

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:24 pm: Edit

Right here next to the chaise lounge.

By Verawench on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:22 pm: Edit

got room for one pretentious art-snob bitch?

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:21 pm: Edit

I'm going to crawl back under my rock now...

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:18 pm: Edit

We can learn a valuble lesson from this man...

All you need is trust... and a little bit of pixie dust

'Peter Pan' has a message for all of us--have the courage to be yourself
You don't want to grow up? You're not alone

By MICHAEL ZITZ

The Free Lance–Star

Peter Pan wasn’t sure he wanted to talk.

Peter’s alter-ego, Randy Constan, is a divorced, 47-year-old computer programmer from the Tampa Bay area who believes it’s important to embrace one’s inner child, no matter what the world thinks.

But Peter Pan is not invulnerable, like Superman. And Constan is understandably concerned about the reaction some people might have to the sensation his Peter Pan Web page (peterpan.pixyland.org) is creating around America.

Some might incorrectly perceive him as gay because he likes to dress in green tights and espouse an eternally boyish Peter Pan philosophy on life. Constan is heterosexual. But he’s not worried about being wrongly labeled as gay. He’s worried about the acts of violence some disturbed individuals perpetuate against gays.

The e-mail he’s gotten from people around the world who have been emboldened to be themselves by his example convinced him to take the risk of talking to Fredericksburg.com and The Free Lance-Star.

The page contains pictures of Constan leaping about, dressed as Peter Pan and shots of him dressed in other boyish outfits. It also details his philosophy on life.

It’s being forwarded around America primarily by people who find the images funny. But some who take the time to read the contents of the page are agreeing with Constan’s message that simply conforming because of peer pressure kills much of the joy in life.

“Remember keep the child in you alive and protected,” he says on the Web page. “It’s more important than you can possibly know!!!”

During a telephone interview, Constan said he gets some hate mail, but many more people “write and tell me they’re surprised that they get a positive message out of it. It makes them happy. They like to see people embrace their nature.”

Constan even wears a modified Peter Pan outfit to work and another version when he goes out dancing in the evenings. He has a “fashion page” on the Web site. There’s also an “In Search Of Tinkerbell” section. Constan is looking for a girlfriend.

“If you happen to have seen Tinkerbell, please tell her of my site!” the Web page says. “Or if you are (or think you may be) Tinkerbell, click the image of yourself to the right for a more serious look into the heart of Peter.”

He makes it clear to those who may be confused that he’s looking for a female Tinkerbell.

Word about the Web site began to spread when Constan published an “ISO Tinkerbell” per- sonal ad in a Tampa Bay magazine.

There’s also a link to Constan’s “Between the Cracks Ministries,” which he began in an attempt to bring to Christ those who feel left out by organized religion. He said in the interview that religion should be about God’s acceptance and love, not about fear and hate. During the telephone interview, Constan said he had just had a date with “a prospective Tinkerbell” he had met in a Tampa dance club.

He showed her his Web page. “She thought it was cute,” Constan said.

Constan said that he realized during his late teen-age years that he enjoyed dressing boyishly. Part of it was not wanting to give up a youthful perspective on things, he said. And he adknwledged that there’s also a fetish aspect to the way he likes to dress He said this had nothing to do with his divorce. She knew when they were dating that he liked to dress this way. He said he and his wife simply had a problem getting along that’s typical of many couples.

“But I’ve gotten nasty e-mail from people who said ‘I see why you were divorced,’” Constan said.

He said he doesn’t let that bother him. And he said he knows many people laugh at the site and that doesn’t bother him, either.

“If I didn’t laugh at myself, I’d be in trouble,” he said. Constan was born and raised in Brooklyn. His mother died when he was young and he was raised by his father, a toy designer whom Constan described as “a marvelously intelligent and creative person. A man of faith, but also one with an inner child.”

Constan said teen-agers write to him about trying to resist peer pressure to conform.

“By the time they reach that age they let their fears dictate to them their boundaries ,” he said.

After that, he said, it’s hard to go back to being yourself.

“It’s like the bear in the cage. When the bear is released, it keeps walking in circles, not realizing it has more freedom.”

He said it’s unfortunate that so many people are prevented from being happy because of that fear. If they have the courage to be themselves, he said, they may find others who understand.

“There is a lot of intolerance in society,” Constan said. “But there are also a lot of understanding people.

“If I can be me,” he said, “then surely others can be themselves, too.”

By Verawench on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:11 pm: Edit

::cradles Head to her bosom::

shhhhh... shhh.. it'll be ok.

By Heiko on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:09 pm: Edit

I don't even know what intolerance means anymore, I just can't stop laughing.

It's a great site to view when you're down - this makes you laugh no matter what happened, I'm sure!
It is positive madness, and it's addicting - I've read the complete site now, including the whole guestbook...

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:09 pm: Edit

Come here Vera, I'll hold you!

By Verawench on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:08 pm: Edit

:::hangs her head in shame:::

As soon as I sober up, I will delete my wretched website.

Oh god, what have I done.

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:08 pm: Edit

Way ahead of you sweet.

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:07 pm: Edit

Marc, I did email him to tell him that I think he is a brave, brave man and how much I admire his strength. I'm ashamed at my behaviour on this here forum.

By Verawench on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:06 pm: Edit

In fact, Head, let's email the Peter Pan wannabe and apologize. We are far lesser human beings than he is. I hope he'll find it in his boy fairy heart to forgive us.

the posturing wench

By Verawench on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:04 pm: Edit

Marc, I dare you to give that guy a lingering hug.

By Marc on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:03 pm: Edit

vera,

I must say I find Randy's website far more original and radical than yours. Your website
tends toward goth cliche and sensitive artist
posteuring. Randy is one of a kind. And seemingly fearless. Instead of mocking him, you should sit at his feet.

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:00 pm: Edit

You're right I'm sorry. I've shown my true colors and now I must leave...

By Marc on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:55 pm: Edit

I'm surprised by the level of intolerance in the absinthe forum. I would have thought this would be one place where freaks of all description could find a home. Apparently not. It looks like the green fairies in this forum have red necks.

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:48 pm: Edit

Vera, I'll be sure to email you directly with the details of the horrible nightmares I'll be having for the next two weeks...

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:43 pm: Edit

I'm sorry that's -Randy Constan (damn that faulty edit function)

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:42 pm: Edit

"We all come to the Lord with different baggage, this author included"
-Randy Cumstain

Uh... Yeah!!!

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:39 pm: Edit

OH MY GOD I'M GOING MAD!!!

By Verawench on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:38 pm: Edit

:::evil cackle:::

By Heiko on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:38 pm: Edit

...I'm still laughing - it just won't stop!

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:38 pm: Edit

Why don't Hackers disable this kind of shit. AHHHH!!! AHHHHH!!!!

This is worse than any unspeakable horror Lovecraft could have come up with...

By _Blackjack on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:36 pm: Edit

What scares me is tha I've already seen it. I have my finger on the pulse of the demneted and sad.

By Thegreenimp on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:34 pm: Edit

Oh God, My Eyes!.......I'm blind!

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:34 pm: Edit

Vera Vera Vera, you need to warn us next time...

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:28 pm: Edit

Shit! it's like an automobile accident I can't stop looking at it...

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:27 pm: Edit

Vera, what have you done???

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:26 pm: Edit

TCO? Total Cuteness Overload? This guy just took my buzz away and all the secondary effects.

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:23 pm: Edit

Is that a wig or what?

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:22 pm: Edit

AND HE MAKES HORRIBLE MUSIC TOO?!?!?!?!

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:21 pm: Edit

1115282 VISITORS??? HOLY FUCKING MOSES!!!

By Heiko on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:20 pm: Edit

U N B E L I E V A B L E !

By Heiko on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:17 pm: Edit

Want some conservative everyday outfit?

uah!

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:16 pm: Edit

"Through the Cracks Ministries" ... (shaking my head)

By Heiko on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 10:11 pm: Edit

Air! I can't breathe anymore! *ROTFL*

Be sure you don't miss all the other photos on this site!

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 09:58 pm: Edit

No! NO! NO!!!

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 09:58 pm: Edit

No!

By Verawench on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 09:45 pm: Edit

http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/photo_closeups_pp2.htm

oh... god...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation