New 100 mg/kg king super gold extravagent omnipotence

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: New 100 mg/kg king super gold extravagent omnipotence
By Zack on Monday, June 04, 2001 - 05:02 pm: Edit

Those Czech books always get their Czech cash.

By Pataphysician on Monday, June 04, 2001 - 03:22 pm: Edit

There's a Czech hitsquad headed their way.

By Tavarua on Monday, June 04, 2001 - 12:06 pm: Edit

Umm, Velvit.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 03:33 am: Edit

No kidding! $35 FUCKING DOLLARS TO FILL my gas tank. I dont even get to see any snatch!

SHIT! For an extra $5 at LEGG'S I can see the sacred "Velvet Underground!!!"

By Lordhobgoblin on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 03:28 am: Edit

"Free the Fairy"

Battle-cry of Scooby and the Absinthe Liberation Front.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 03:28 am: Edit

"Yes, it's hard to feel any sympathy for people who sell absinthe at 200$ a bottle (especially bad absinthe). Maybe your friends aren't that bad after all."

I guess it's OK to think like this in the land of Robin Hood. Now, imagine what would happen if everybody, from the person who has put gas on their car to the person who has bought groceries to the person who has received a body massage (or sexual services...) can decide whether to pay for it or not...

Seems like a recipe for instant chaos to me. I don't think that in that chaos Lords would be spared. I think they would be TARGETED...

By Marc on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 03:20 am: Edit

bunch of fucking hippies.

lets liberate some absinthe, man.

By Lordhobgoblin on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 03:17 am: Edit

Yes, it's hard to feel any sympathy for people who sell absinthe at 200$ a bottle (especially bad absinthe). Maybe your friends aren't that bad after all.

By _Blackjack on Saturday, June 02, 2001 - 01:11 pm: Edit

So they STOLE crappy absinthe?! I like these guys more and more...

By Scoobydoo on Saturday, June 02, 2001 - 11:07 am: Edit

Well, Just so you know.
They pulled a scam and got the bottle for free.
Ordered it and then said they never had heard of absinthe when the bill came.
Definitely not something I would do...
but i guess they don't have morals.

I would NEVER do that. I have a sense of dignity and feel that is unfair...
but others do not...

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, June 02, 2001 - 08:17 am: Edit

Scooby,

Your freinds spent 200$ on a bottle of absinthe!!! They've got a lot more money than they have sense (whatever happened to poor students who could live for half a term on 200$). I wouldn't pay anything near 200$ (that's about £130) for a really GOOD absinthe let alone a bad absinthe.

Hobgoblin

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, June 02, 2001 - 07:58 am: Edit

Blackjack,

"Um, am I the only one greatly disheartened to hear that frat-boys are drinking absinthe?"

I believe it's also popular with 'yuppie' types in London and also I hear around Fleet Street with journalists.

I don't know which of the above disheartens me most.

Hobgoblin

By Heiko on Friday, June 01, 2001 - 05:42 pm: Edit

You can actually feel how this stuff destroys your brain instantly...
I tried some called "rave" a few years ago and thought my head was going to explode, then it was a nice feeling for a few minutes.
Really not worth the damage it does!

By Rupert1029 on Friday, June 01, 2001 - 04:51 pm: Edit

When I was a kid, I tried Rush while dancing at a Disco ( a real one, 1978). I immediately fell on the floor, and had rush all over my face. That was when it was really Amyl Nitrate.....

...damn..as I tell that story I can still hear Donna Summer belting "MacArthurs Park". To bad she found god, he ruined her career.

By Mattb on Friday, June 01, 2001 - 01:03 pm: Edit

That bottle of Rush brings back some (albeit vague) memories of my youth. That stuff is awful, it gives you the worst headache after about a 30 second buzz. I hear it does loosen the orifices nicely, which might be useful for some.

Matt

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, May 30, 2001 - 04:11 pm: Edit

Poppers make me feel like Godzilla...

By Heiko on Wednesday, May 30, 2001 - 01:11 pm: Edit

Well, I don't like Absinthe, I only sniff glue and this:
rush
Absinthe just needs too long to destroy my brain, so I go for isobutyl nitrit.

Why am I here then? Uhm, don't know. What did I say?

By Scoobydoo on Wednesday, May 30, 2001 - 07:18 am: Edit

Such hate on the forum...damn..i swear...
anti this..anti that...
i am surprised anyone can agree that they like absinthe...

By Marc on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 09:38 pm: Edit

thanks for the frat boy update. I'll sleep better tonight.

By Scoobydoo on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 09:34 pm: Edit

the frat guys I know who drank absinthe did so before I had even heard of it...like a few months ago..they were just relating the story to me about 3 weeks ago.

By Marc on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 09:05 pm: Edit

better to sniff glue.

By Heiko on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 08:54 pm: Edit

Even if I get a bad reputation from what I'm going to say now, I will say it anyways:

I have tried macerating wormwood in ouzo with 38% alcohol and in 95% alcohol. I have always used as much wormwood as possible. IMO some secondary effects where noticeable, BUT: these effects weren't different no matter if I used 38% or 95% alcohol. The effects got weaker (or worse? I don't know...) when I soaked the wormwood for a longer time (more than 48 hours). These effects were not stronger than those in the best of the Spanish absinthes, maybe a little different but I wouldn't call it better.
I only know these macerations tasted so icky bitter that nothing could ever make them taste acceptable. I have only done it for reasons of research (personal research on effects, kind of...).

All this brought me to a conclusion: If anything would produce a high thujone content, then the maceration of a heavy amount of wormwood in 95% alcohol. But it just didn't give me that "special kick". Compared to the 38% alcohol maceration, it was the same. Compared to commercial Spanish absinthe, it was MAYBE 10% 'stronger' in its effects, but probably it was only a little different.
I am very interested in the effects of absinthe, but after I got used to a variety of Spanish brands, I also felt no special effects of the 95% macerated wormwood anymore.

All this tells me that wormwood is not the one and only "miracle ingredient" of good absinthe. I will not drink any ugly maceration anymore. But good to know I have tried it in some varieties. You can't tell if you never tried it, right?

By Tavarua on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 02:05 pm: Edit

I am a newbie, but I can tell you not to poor wormwood oil into anything and then drink it. That has put many people in the hospital. Not to mention that one drop of it is noticable in 300 gallons of water, imagine a few drops in a liter of wine. Sounds pretty disgusting.

By _Blackjack on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 01:53 pm: Edit

Um, am I the only one greatly disheartened to hear that frat-boys are drinking absinthe? First of all, it ruins my delusion that I'm some sort of avante-garde rebel. More importantly, however, it seriously increases the likelyhood of some sort of press hysteria over the whole business, since that is not a population known for its responsible use fo alcohol. Not to mention the fact that they are obviously buying the stuff for some supposed "drug" effect, since there can be no other excuse for buying King...

By _Blackjack on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 01:50 pm: Edit

The few who have tried Absinthe King have reported that it is nearly unpotable, because, without proper distillation, the wormwood remains horribly bitter. The "Gold" version seems to have even more crap floating around in it, so I can only assume it tastes even worse.

As far as the claim of 100mg/kg of thujone goes, I think Ted or Don has pointed out that such a high level would be almost impossible to achieve, short of just pouring in wormwood oil. Even if it WAS that high, who cares. Thujone may or may not have anything to do with absinthe's preported "secondary effects," and even if it does, more does note always mean better, ESPECIALLY if it means drinking something disgusting.

If you want to get a "thujone high," whatever that may be, suck down a jar of Vick's Vap-o-Rub or chew on some cedar chips. If you want to drink absinthe, drink something that actually tastes like absinthe. You will come closer to the real absinthe expereince drinking a good pastis, which has no wormwood, than you will drinking Absinthe King, no matter how much wormwood they put in it.

By Heiko on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 01:13 pm: Edit

If you want to try wormwood macerated in alcohol (which is, from what I heard, about the same as Absinthe King), mix it with something else. A good mix with champagne (not real champagne, that's not worth it - take cheap sparkling wine!) and some other absinthe/pastis will make it drinkable. Not good, but drinkable - and at least it's inexpensive.

For 200$ better buy La Bleue from Betty - that's good Absinthe and not bad wormwood maceration. I'd guess it has more (at least the same) effects on you as 'absinthe' King

By Verawench on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 12:17 pm: Edit

You're letting frat boys drink crappy absinthe? Any fatal casualties yet? ::crosses fingers, prays::

By Perruche_Verte on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 11:40 am: Edit

Christ, I hope not. It appears to be much the same thing I made at home for about $12 using herbs and Everclear, and that was so horrible I'd never try it again.

By Scoobydoo on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 11:33 am: Edit

Has anyone tried the new absinthe that supposedly has 100 mg/kg of thujone in it? I think it's called like King's Gold Extra Special or something.
My friends bought it and went through it in one night, but they were all frat boys and they weren't buying it for the taste or anything. So I was just wondering if anyone on the forum decided to spend 200 bucks to try it?
Airwick

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation