Taking a trip to Barcelona!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Taking a trip to Barcelona!
By Dr_Ordinaire on Saturday, June 02, 2001 - 01:15 am: Edit

Petermarc:

"Carrer" is Catalan for "street", so I guess the address should read as follows:

"Els quatre gats" (The four cats?)
Carrer Montsio 3 Bis

Barcelona in June...ah, I'm a deep La Fee-like green with envy...

By Heiko on Friday, June 01, 2001 - 05:32 pm: Edit

What about that one?

The Fine Spiritscorner
Plaza Universidad, nº 5
08006 Barcelona, Spain

;-)

By Petermarc on Friday, June 01, 2001 - 02:24 pm: Edit

two bars recommended by a french guy who wrote a book about absinthe:

'els quatre gats carrer montsio'
3 bis - 08002

'marsella sant pau'
65 - 08001
(barrio chino)

i don't know what the hell the addresses are, numbers in specific quarters of barcelona, i guess

or, do what i did and walk around the old town looking in bar windows until you see a bottle...
the bar i found that way had a great bartender, but i don't remember the name of the place...the two easiest to find (only ones i saw) absinthes in barcelona were la sala (the only one served at this bar) and deva...

By Bjacques on Friday, June 01, 2001 - 12:40 pm: Edit

You lucky bastard. The Parc Guell should be in bloom by now. Damn. I was there in January, but didn't get a chance to comb the liquor stores. There's a French bar just to the east of the foot of the Ramblas that serves Absente, but it may not be the good stuff. The bottle, which I didn't see closely, looked like a Pernod bottle. Start with the shops recommended in Time Out Barcelona and then ask. There's a good one somewhere to the west of the Ramblas. Please tell us where to find the Segarra, because I have a friend who goes there every now and then.

By Fight4urmind on Friday, June 01, 2001 - 12:23 pm: Edit

I'm leaving on the 6th! Any suggestions for a good store? I can't wait to try some Segarra!!! Its been a little too pricey lately from SC....

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation