Mari Mayans question

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Mari Mayans question
By Anatomist1 on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 09:58 pm: Edit

As far as bodybuilding goes, I thought Hyde Park Gym was just about perfect: no BS, just weights and homemade cable machines - a couple of which I still haven't seen elsewhere. Unfortunately, I was forced to reevaluate bodybuilding when I developed bicipital tendonitis in both shoulders, a strained illiotibial band, and a chronic hamstring tear all at the same time. Weighing and recording the macronutrient and calorie values of everything one eats can get tedious too. Of course, the bankruptcy of the bodybuilding paradigm is only partly to blame. Keeping my tendency toward zealotry in check is a constant battle.

K.

By Rupert1029 on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 05:44 pm: Edit

Anatomist, Hyde Park Gym is still there. I worked out there when I first moved to Austin (1998). The AC never worked, so I chose to switch to the yuppie infested World Gym. I lived on Zilker Park and Barton Creek, so there were many convenient locations. There was also a Wine Shop nearby off of Bee Caves Rd that introduced me to Absinthe. :)

By Anatomist1 on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 05:06 pm: Edit

Watch out. Before you know it, you'll be dining only on the blood of young vegetarians whose medical records you've investigated. You'll be working out 6 days a week on a hard/easy day regimen... you'll start feeling so good it will be hard to maintain your Goth demeanor.

Speaking of biceps, you have probably seen the gym where I used to work in Austin: Hyde Park Gym. There's a giant fiberglass sculpture of a muscular arm that seems to be bursting out of the building's facade. Or, at least there used to be.

K.

By Verawench on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 04:44 pm: Edit

::rubs chin...:: good advice, every word of it. I've actually been working on those biceps and triceps, accented with good healthy pointed fingernails - not too long, don't want to break one off and leave DNA evidence in the meal.. err.. victim. I've given up cloves some years ago, stalking that next feed was getting exhausting with all the wheezing.

Skinny Canadians are easy victims but they are scarce over in these parts. I should shift my focus to sexually confused 17 year olds with a thing for Morrissey.

By Anatomist1 on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 04:00 pm: Edit

Vera,

If you want to sink your teeth into healthy specimens, you're going to have to get on a strenous fitness routine. Gorging on piles of mangy rats and stringy Canadian teenagers is no way to live... er, unlive. Smaller, more frequent meals are key, and you need to cut way down on the cloves. Exercise-wise, you need to focus on developing the upper-body strength necessary to subdue a squirming victim. I imagine your average Goth is a bit stronger down there in Texas, but up here, when one latches on to me, I can usually peel 'em off and squash their little osteoporotic heads with one hand.

K.

By Verawench on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 10:20 am: Edit

"Thats not really his picture, it's a "before" picture from an Olde English"

Leave the pale skinny Canadians alone. If you frighten them all away, what will us flabby goth chicks feed on? Rats get old, you know.

By Zack on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 09:10 am: Edit

"Is that a mere 40 ouncer you're holding? It looks more like 96 or a gallon in proportion. Did you stunt your growth with that stuff?"

Thats not really his picture, it's a "before" picture from an Olde English ad

By _Blackjack on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 09:10 am: Edit

Quote:

I think they mostly feed on each other and their "pet" rats.

Ain't nobody feeding on my pet rats! They has fuzzy widdle nosies!

By Btyre on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 08:19 am: Edit

Sad to say, it is a mere 40. Part of the problem is those hideous shadows in the background created by the flash. I'm only 5'7"-5'8" (can't be too sure right now -don't have a good measuring tape handy), this is in part due to a high metabolism and the fact that the only people in my family near 6 feet are my uncle and my two cousins.

I've probably stunted my growth with too much caffeine, or is it not enough? Never can tell, better up my tea dosage to 3-4 cups a day.

Brett.

By Anatomist1 on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 08:00 am: Edit

Btyre,

Is that a mere 40 ouncer you're holding? It looks more like 96 or a gallon in proportion. Did you stunt your growth with that stuff? If you sell enough computers, I know where you can get some HGH.

K.

By Anatomist1 on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 07:55 am: Edit

Marc,

You might want to get a good look at her teeth before you let her dig in to the old "blood bomber", or the event may be bloodier than anticipated: I think some of them Goth chicks are real vampires. Normally, you don't have to worry about it because they're all so skinny/flabby and their undead cardiopulmonary systems function at a low ebb from too many clove cigarettes. I think they mostly feed on each other and their "pet" rats.

K.

By Btyre on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 07:53 am: Edit

Well, before we started heading into Marc's tentacles -sorry, arms; for B.C., I'm not underage. 19 is the legal drinking age here -18 in Alberta.

Now if Marc will keep his tentacles away from me, we could all be happy! :)
Brett.

By Marc on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 03:00 am: Edit

Young women love me. They're drawn to my worldliness, wisdom and my massively huge pecker.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:45 am: Edit

Fall gently into my tentacles... I mean arms.

By Verawench on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:39 am: Edit

hold me, Head, he smells like absinthe and dirty leather pants.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:32 am: Edit

Vera Stay Back! Stay Back!!! Don't look into his eyes!!!

By Marc on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:29 am: Edit

See, you already starting to succumb.

By Verawench on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:28 am: Edit

Marc, hon, I agree it was a low shot, but I was scrambling for SOME way to annoy you. This is, afterall, saturday night :P ::wink:: Traditions must be kept up.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:28 am: Edit

umhh!!

By Marc on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:28 am: Edit

Vera,

Spend a few hours with me and I assure you that you'll end chowing down on my blue-veined blood bomber. Guaranteed.

By Verawench on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:25 am: Edit

Marc,

not if you were the last biped on earth.

By Marc on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:23 am: Edit

Vera,

why do you continue to insult me? Bored?
I think you need to get laid. Deeply, profoundly
fucked. I'd do it, but I'm afraid I'd hurt you.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:14 am: Edit

The legal drinking age in Canada is generally 18 or 19 depending on province. How do I know? Tee hee, I live on the border dude...

By Verawench on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:12 am: Edit

Marc's not prudish, he's pedantic.

By Grimbergen on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:05 am: Edit

"Have your read my fucking sexual memoirs? "

Yeah, that was kinda the point of my post. You are the least prudish person that I've communicated with. I was trying to be funny. Don't worry won't do it again.

Grim

By Marc on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 02:01 am: Edit

grim,

I smoked my first joint when I was 13. Acid at 15.
I ain't no prude. Have your read my fucking sexual memoirs?

My message to Brett was a tactful way of discouraging him from discussing buying absinthe
in the forum. He's 19. I'm just giving him good advice. And I'm covering all of our asses. This ain't a place for kids to boast about illegally buying alcohol

By Grimbergen on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 01:13 am: Edit

You are such a prude Marc.

By Marc on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 01:04 am: Edit

Brett,

be careful. You're underage. Don't want you gettin' busted.

By Btyre on Saturday, June 02, 2001 - 11:20 pm: Edit

Well, if you want my opinion, it doesn't matter. From what I understand, the effects are from a mixture of herbs, not just the wormwood. My question was actually to answer a friend's question; he was curious as to know what was in it because I told him he could try some of mine when I get. I told him I'd find out for him.

But thanks anyways.

Brett.

By Tabreaux on Saturday, June 02, 2001 - 12:12 pm: Edit

The truth is, there is no straight answer. It appears as though this product has never been *properly* tested. It's probably irrelevent anyway.

By Webfly on Saturday, June 02, 2001 - 11:59 am: Edit

Why don't you guys give Brett a straight answer?

According to Fine Spirits Corner, MM does have some thujone however it is at the bottom of the list as compared with 6 of the most popular Spanish brands. So, although an exact mg/kg figure is apparently unavailable, it is certainly less, perhaps much less, than 10 mg/kg.

I posted the list as well as some other info you may be interested on the "Thujone, thujone" thread if it's still there.

Take care, and let your taste and satisfaction with a drink be your guide.

Webfly

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, June 02, 2001 - 08:20 am: Edit

It may not have any thujone but if you drink enough of it you'll be able to glow in the dark.

By Bob_Chong on Friday, June 01, 2001 - 11:24 pm: Edit

LOL. That's right. "Couldn't find it anywhere." May have answered your own question.

By Btyre on Friday, June 01, 2001 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Out of curiosity, what is the thujone content of Mari Mayans? Couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks,
Brett.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation