Got my order today

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Got my order today
By Thegreenimp on Tuesday, June 05, 2001 - 12:02 pm: Edit

The First Rule Of Absinthe Club is : "You Do Not Mention The Declaration Forms"

The Second Rule of Absinthe Club is : You Do Not Mention The Declaration Forms"
with apologies to Fight Club.....

By Mattb on Tuesday, June 05, 2001 - 12:00 pm: Edit

Ah. Very well then. Just making sure I don't make the same mistake at some point (and I didn't notice anything in the FAQ).

Matt

By Terminus on Tuesday, June 05, 2001 - 11:56 am: Edit

The description of the contents is the unmentionable.

By Mattb on Tuesday, June 05, 2001 - 11:53 am: Edit

Without mentioning an unmentionable, can someone explain what it was that shouldn't have been said? Some kind of detail about the package?

By Pataphysician on Tuesday, June 05, 2001 - 11:52 am: Edit

S'awright. You're not the first one to do that.

By Btyre on Tuesday, June 05, 2001 - 11:47 am: Edit

Oh, sorry about the unmentionables. It just slipped out somehow.

Heh, sorry.

Brett.

By Melinelly on Tuesday, June 05, 2001 - 11:30 am: Edit

awooga***awooga***awooga

hehe

brett, there are certain thing we don't mention on the forum lest we give certain authorities certain tips eh ;)

as for deva, i prefer the 50 to the 70. the deva 70 has a weaker taste to me, but some folks like that.

as for your glasses, if you do wash them, just make sure to rinse them well as with any other glasses. i wash my beer glasses, but only because i hardly ever do dishes and need to make sure and kill anything that's decided to take root while the hosts sit around in the sink waiting for me to wash them ***grin***

cheers,

em

By Pataphysician on Tuesday, June 05, 2001 - 11:18 am: Edit

ADMIN ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Btyre on Tuesday, June 05, 2001 - 11:15 am: Edit

Well, today was business day 10 since ordering my Mari Mayans from SC. Having heard nothing yet, I was expecting to find one of those cards in my mailbox stating that I have a package with 'x' amount of duty on it and it may be picked up the next business day after 1 p.m. So I walk out to my mailbox -its one of the communal ones where everyone goes to get there mail- and I see this big brown package at my front door. I immediately think, well how the hell did I miss the doorbell? And then I realize that its my order from SC.

All contents arrived in perfect condition, spare for some styrofoam dust all over everything. The bulletproof packing ***deleted*** wasn't even touched by customs.

I must say, Mari Mayans is quite excellent; although taking a brief whiff of the bottle, the alcohol smell is prevalent. That's my only complaint. Once I'm done with the Mari Mayans, I think I'll try some Deva or La Fée. Which Deva is better, or is there any real difference other than alcohol content?

Another question: how should one wash their liquer glasses? I know with beer, my dad doesn't wash his beer glasses, he only rinses them for several minutes with really hot water because soap residue can ruin the head in beer. Personally, I do the same with my liquer glasses, but does it matter?

Brett.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation