Archive through June 16, 2000

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:My initial Absinthe experiences :Archive through June 16, 2000
By tabreaux on Friday, June 16, 2000 - 10:00 pm: Edit

As long as it is for your personal use, you won't have any problems with breaking the law.

By Lucy on Friday, June 16, 2000 - 09:50 pm: Edit

hello, i was just wondering how the effects are after drinking these different absinthes.
i'll probably purchase some after gathering lots on information on each but my main concern is if it really has the mild mind altering effects like they say? if this is real absinthe, then it should, but no ones saying anything about it.. and also, if i purchase some, it is illigal, right? (i live in the usa) thanks!
Lucy

By Br0ther Ben on Tuesday, June 13, 2000 - 08:25 pm: Edit

Hello all!
I recently ordered some bottles from La Boheme, Spiritscorner, and some other company. The La Boheme was ordered first and came in on day 11. The contents were well-packed and there was quite a bit of literature in the package. Though I bought some of the "undrinkable" absinthes, I must admit that the Sebor at least tasted rather nice. The other bottle (Schulz) was nothing like Sebor or the Spiritscorner stuff I ordered, and in fact really did taste like an interesting vodka.
The Spiritscorner order arrived even quicker, which is funny because I was told they were waiting on the Mari to come in. BTW I ordered a bottle of Deva and a collector's Mari...anyway, the contents were well-packaged and arrived promptly. I was QUITE happy with both the service and the results of both companies, though La Boheme is a little steep in price.
As far as the Absinthes are concerned, I LOVE the Mari, as its flavor is quite smooth for a 140 proof liquor and the blend of herbs is remarkable. IF the La Bleues really are superior to the Mari then I can't wait to try some. I have yet to try the Deva, though I am sure I will be pleased.
Once again I must admit that I am rather fond of the Sebor I ordered from La Boheme. It has a noticeable Anise flavor that ends with a (pleasant) bitterness. If you don't like the bitter aftertaste, a little sugar goes a long ways. But I politely disagree with the disaparaging comments about the Sebor, as I enjoyed it considerably (though it pales in comparison to the Mari I am drinking now - even if it isn't a "real" absinthe.
Thanks to all for their help on this list, and I am adding my vote for Spiritscorner and La Boheme as reliable vendors. Since I have only ordered ONCE from each, I suppose I will have to order many more bottles in order to build up a reliable "control group" for my experiment. Results to follow....

Ben

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation