Muppet madness (no absinthe)

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Muppet madness (no absinthe)
By Missthing on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 03:51 am: Edit

Melinelly,

I watched Muppets in Space a few weeks back too. It doesn't compare at all the to the original, but it's certainly alot better than the terrible excuse for a New Muppet Show I saw on telly a couple of months earlier. Gawd. That was just plain depressing - Kermit was cliched, but Miss Piggy was just *wrong*!!!

By Midas on Wednesday, June 27, 2001 - 09:29 am: Edit

Kallisti, I've been after a toy Pepe for ages, but yet to find one. If I come across some, I'll get one for y'all.
Oh, and if you find a stuffed toy Cthulhu, please let me know. A friends' got one, and it's so cute. Such a cuddly little mascot of chaos and insanity...
I never noticed the quote on your profile before. I love DoA. I compared tattoos with Pete Burns once. T'was a surreal experience.

By Admin on Wednesday, June 27, 2001 - 08:40 am: Edit

post so nice I said it twice!

By Admin on Wednesday, June 27, 2001 - 08:40 am: Edit

PRAWN!

I have a fetish for mullusk/bottom feeder stuffed animals. Please let me know if you run across any toy prawns.

Hm. I have clam, lobster, crawdad and a crab. I would like a prawn please. And any other squishy sea creature done in soft toy sculpture. I want a Pepe.

By Midas on Wednesday, June 27, 2001 - 12:25 am: Edit

That would be Pepe. Isn't he fantastic! "I will slap you, I will slap you like a donkey!!"

By Melinelly on Tuesday, June 26, 2001 - 01:21 pm: Edit

heh. just had to bump this thread. mel and i watched Muppets from Space last night (about Gonzo's search for identity)... it's just not the same without Jim Henson... the movements... the voices he did... they lack that something special... and they rely too much on gimmick and not enough on slapstick now...

but i just gotta say, that new prawn muppet kicks ass =) i choose the prawn heh.

By _Blackjack on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 07:34 am: Edit

Statler and Waldorf, man. We wouldn't have sex. We'd just sit around complaining about the people who do...

By Midas on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 12:20 am: Edit

Morrigan, I think I'd go for Gonzo. If the size of that nose is anything to go by, lordy...

... god this is sick and wrong. Just the way I like it.

By Head_Prosthesis on Monday, June 18, 2001 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Janice from Dr. Tooth and the Electric Mayhem Band. In her Vetrinarian's Hospital nurse uniform. Stimulation is very important for the patients. - HEADNurse Janice

She's all mouth. Mmmmm Delicious! She's a pink and fleshy felt version of the plant from Little Shop of Horrors(Frank Oz version) Feed me Seymour! FEEDME!!!

...that mouth... that mouth... Velvet tongue and quilted teeth, nibbling at my nether regions, tickling the tender tassle of my man sac.

By Head_Prosthesis on Monday, June 18, 2001 - 05:31 pm: Edit

you're a cruel girl... However, please feel free to degrade me in anyway you see fit. Because in the dark tunnel we made our own, there's a burning that will never leave me.

By Verawench on Monday, June 18, 2001 - 05:20 pm: Edit

"We're through."

Now that we're done, can I tell the world about your OTHER prosthesis? Very clumsy thing...

By Frater_Carfax on Monday, June 18, 2001 - 04:49 pm: Edit

If you lik'em big and hairy you can't go past the Snuffleupagus

By Morriganlefey on Monday, June 18, 2001 - 10:54 am: Edit

I think the muppet I'd most like to have sex with would be the Count. "ONE explosive orgasm! TWO..." MWHHAAHAAHAAAAA!!

- M

By Admin on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 10:35 pm: Edit

I'm fantasizing about Heiko muppet sex ...

or, sex with muppets period.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 09:12 pm: Edit

you've always had eyes for him...

We're through. Your Heiko fixation is more than I can take right now. Go then... Go love that bodiless head. I have a Queen to attend to.

By Verawench on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 02:32 pm: Edit

I think I'm going to make a really attractive Heiko muppet. Sew some green tights onto him. And have him dance around to bad goth music.

Then I'm gonna have it throw a bunch of age-related insults at Marc.

Yee-haw!

da wench
who's been drinking cheap nasty peach chardonnay and her left over Deva.. ahh.. Sunday afternoons... sun, sweat, and the Fairy... Perhaps it is time to start another trance poetry thread.

By Bjacques on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 12:15 pm: Edit

My favorite is the knife-thrower's "Deer Hunter"-style Vietnam flashback.

The movie's a bit easier to come by in Europe, but good video stores should have it.

By _Blackjack on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 10:41 am: Edit

It would certainly be worth it to get some director's commentary, but it's not like the film quality was god enough to start with that DVD will make a difference over VHS.

Of course, I watched Feebles for years on a fourth-generation dub of a Japanese copy, until they finally released on tape it in the US. But at least I know know the kanji for "sodomy..."

Oh, I also got to see it on the big screen at the Film Forum in New York City. This was the year ('94?) that Jackson got an Oscar nomination for the screenplay for "Heavenly Creatures," so there were a lot of film snobs who came out expecting some kind of high art and complex drama. Instead they got puppets giving blowjobs. It was more fun watching the audience reactions than the actual movie. Especially when I started singing along...

By Joalco on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 09:54 am: Edit

My one true wish (at least for this moment) is that Meet the Feebles will be released on DVD soon, to ride on the wave of publicity that Peter Jackson will be getting for the LOTR trilogy. There are already plans for a limited edition special release of Bad Taste...

jc

(firing up the DVD player already)

By _Blackjack on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 07:51 am: Edit

Meet the Feebles!

By Midas on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 06:58 am: Edit

Don't be so quick to judge, Marc, the Swedish Chef was well known in muppet circles for his exceptional rimming techniques.

By Dengar on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 04:41 am: Edit

Thank you Marc! Nice to see that you're in a good mode!

By Marc on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 02:40 am: Edit

I waited 12 hours for this pathetic shit.
What has happened to this forum?
Swedes! Swedes!
We're reduced to reading posts by Swedes talking about Swedish chefs. I'm going to puke.

By Dengar on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 02:25 am: Edit

Don't know if you are awere of the fact that the inspiration for the Swedish chef is a real person? I read an articel about him in a newspaper here a couple of weeks ago. He is Swedish, he is a real chef and he had a restaurant in the US. Today he has moved back to Sweden and livs a calm life with his wife in a house in the country.

By Verawench on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 12:00 pm: Edit

Dear Midas,

"first stir yummy yummy chocolata...mmm yummy chocolata... "

I think you meant to post this to the "Tongue in Asshole" thread.

By Midas on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 08:43 am: Edit

Oompa ferdi woo, kidish ki do...nowee makee chocolata moose.

first stir yummy yummy chocolata...mmm yummy chocolata...

...nowee get zee moose...

By Absinthedrinker on Thursday, June 14, 2001 - 11:51 pm: Edit

Here's a bit of off topic madness for you. Do you remember the Muppets and the Swedish chef? Well
did you know you could change the language preference of www.Google.com to 'bork bork
bork', which was only ever spoken by ze Swedish chef on the Muppet show - wierd but hilarious

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation