Archive through June 17, 2000

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Apologia pro Vita Sum:Archive through June 17, 2000
By blackjack on Saturday, June 17, 2000 - 06:45 am: Edit

A latin nitpick:

The phrase I believe ou were looking for was "Apologia pro vita sua", the title of John Henry Cardinal Newman's autobiography, which traslates "Apology for his life."

By Don Walsh on Saturday, June 17, 2000 - 01:46 am: Edit

Thanks very much, Michele.

I don't think you will have long to wait, the uncertainty has to do with bureaucratic processes (licensing) rather than technical matters.

I also hope that our price structure obliges some others to find more economical sources for their products so they can reduce their retails.

And in case anyone misunderstood: I do encourage everyone so inclined to buy La Bleue for the time being as it is the best Absinthe NOW on the market, and once we are shipping it will still be the #2 absinthe of choice for most people. The catch is to find a way to buy it without having to take out a second mortgage.

By michele on Saturday, June 17, 2000 - 01:17 am: Edit

I've been waiting for you to make this announcement for quite a while now. Ted's recipe intrigues me.What you've been up to has allowed me to hold off on ordering la bleue (too rich for my blood, I'm unemployed at the moment) figuring your enterprise might drive the price down and allow me to try both eventually. I think this is very good news.

-michele

By Don Walsh on Saturday, June 17, 2000 - 12:31 am: Edit

Fellow Forum Participants:

I have been accused of doing 'nothing' for you. Among my other crimes such as pride.

Let me recap just what my associates and I are doing for you.

We are incorporating a new company in Thailand NOW, to manufacture authentic, flawless, highly potent Absinthe of the recipe painstakingly worked out over seven years by our own Ted Breaux -- our own of the Forum and our own in the new company here.

I have spent $5000 on equipment and have ordered another $35,000 worth of further production equipment from Switzerland. This will provide us within 90 days with a production capacity in excess of 100 liters a day of 68 degree Absinthe.

As you know Ted has spared no effort to reproduce absolutely authentic top shelf French Absinthe of the 1900 period. Many can attest to its rare quality, unmatched by ANY modern absinthe. That Ted possesses original E.Pernod and Pernod Fils, as you know, is of great value in this process.

Believe me when I tell you that we are being just as uncompromising about the materials and processes to scale this up for production here in Thailand where such production is just as legal as in Spain, Portugal, or the Czech Republic, and a damned sight more legal than it is in Neuchatel.

The fact that our pricing will be substantially LESS than that of various small time smugglers of other commercial and bootleg absinthes, may not be comforting to those smugglers. But it is to your advantage. Best Absinthe at better prices: that's what we are doing for you.

Several members of this Forum will soon be receiving free samples of this product and they will be able speak for themselves as to what it is like.

Of course Ted can speak for himself and I challenge anyone to question his integrity on this Forum.

Thanks for your attention. And confusion to our detractors.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation