Hello Austin (and the rest of the Green Internet)

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Hello Austin (and the rest of the Green Internet)
By Joalco on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 12:02 pm: Edit

Eric --

That works fine for me. If you could email me directions, that'd be great. I remember the generals, just not the specifics. I should be free between seven & seven-thirty, and will head to your place shortly thereafter.

jc

By Eric on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 11:45 am: Edit

Jon
yeah, do you think you can stop by my place? we could have a couple of drinks before I go down to egos. If Vera, Mark, or anybody else here in austin would also like to stop by that would be cool.

By Joalco on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 10:24 am: Edit

Eric - if you still wanted to hook up tonight before you play, let me know. I'll be tied up until seven-ish, but if we can work it into your schedule, perhaps we can raise a toast before you head out of town.

jc

By Eric on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 07:58 am: Edit

congratulation and best wishes to Jim and Allison.
may you both have many years of happiness.
I will be gone until the last week of august, maybe we could all get together then.

By Joalco on Monday, June 18, 2001 - 05:22 am: Edit

Congrats & best of luck, Jim... Sooner or later, we'll have one of this that fits into your schedule, I swear it... :)

jc

By Malhomme on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 11:43 pm: Edit

Alas, I'm getting married in a few days, and won't be able to attend until sometime into July.
But keep me posted!
Jim

By Joalco on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 06:49 pm: Edit

That would work out great for me... I have no parental responsibilities this coming week after Wednesday, and work during the day over the weekend. Perhaps we could meet up around six or so, and then those interested and able could go check out the gig -- if you're leaving for two months, it'll be our last chance for a while...

let me know.

jc

By Eric on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 04:01 pm: Edit

welcome back Jon,
It would be great if we could get together this week. I am leaving for two months next sunday. I will be playing over at egos on sat night, maybe we can have an austin gathering early that evening.
Eric

By Joalco on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 09:52 am: Edit

Hey folks,

Just got back from two weeks in Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic, and let me say, I am damn near suicidal that I had to return. I was so tempted to sell off everything I own and just stay there...
On another note, Eric, I was unable to make connections with Les Caves du Roy in Paris, so I wasn't able to bring back more Oxygenee, but I'll attempt it again before I head back in July. I did sneak back a few bottles of various Czech brands, mostly for the different bottles. One of them isn't in the buyer's guide; the absinthe is nothing overly impressive (but much better than Swill's) but the bottle is absolutely beautiful. Thin, tall, corked, with a design fired on the bottle reminiscent of the famous "Absinthe Robette" ads.

On to my next point... Austinites (or fellow Texans) ready for another gathering? Let me know, and we'll set something up. I'll be in town for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks before I leave for Europe again, so let's get together...

cheers,

jc

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation