NOLA Memories-- Thanks, Ted!!!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: NOLA Memories-- Thanks, Ted!!!
By Tabreaux on Monday, June 18, 2001 - 11:03 am: Edit

Well, we are certainly glad something good came out of it all. I didn't get to see much during the course of the evening (I poured constantly). All I know is that I sat in that chair almost constantly from before 8pm until the last of you guys left at 4am. About all I remember of the aftermath is seeing Artemis walking in the wrong direction after he assured me that he knew where he was going, looking (and feeling) like Verlaine.

Treeman tossed his glass to the floor and was haunted by coin-rearranging ghosts of children that night. He seems to have disappeared from the BB....maybe the ghosts followed him home and got him.

Anyway, it was a strange evening that still looms in my memory like a heavy fog.

By Melinelly on Monday, June 18, 2001 - 10:40 am: Edit

again, congrats jim :)

mel and i had a blast in nola meeting everyone and several new friendships were spawned. when you later posted that you and allison were engaged, mel and i were so happy for you. in fact, one of the conversations we had was with allison on that very topic and we knew that you had just fulfilled one of her wishes. i saw it in your eyes that night. but i just figured you always looked at her like that *grin* congrats again you two! nothing but love and best wishes from me and mel!

By Marc on Monday, June 18, 2001 - 12:22 am: Edit

Jim,

congratulations. I know a nice little chapel here in Vegas where you can tie the knot for only $79.
It includes a dozen photos of the ceremony and a plastic corsage. For an extra 10 bucks you can keep the corsage.

By Malhomme on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 11:48 pm: Edit

On the eve (only three more days!) of my marriage to Allison I'd like to give a shout-out to Ted, for throwing such a wonderful release party. His absinthe (and the good company) made for such a wonderful night that I fell in love again with my longtime sweetheart. I asked her to marry me the very next night. I remember watching her there across the alley and thought she must be the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. And I knew then that I wanted to marry her. Thanks, Ted!

Jim

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation