Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Help
By Melinelly on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 08:49 pm: Edit

ah, yes... the mighty fine listings in the Reporter... required reading for any tourist =)

By Netsurfer on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 08:37 pm: Edit

Grim/Midas: if its cock suckers you are looking for, come up north to the bay area - we've got experts in that skill set (see

By Melinelly on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 10:47 am: Edit

woot! we'll be there.

Grim, lookin forward to meeting you whenever you venture northward. (Rick) Royale is down south too if you want to look him up or drag him and Paige along for the trip heh.

By Admin on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 10:39 am: Edit

Grim (and the rest o' the Greenbay) ... I'm planning for a Bastille Day Picnic in the park on July 14th. Schedule us in, yer all invited.

More info to be coming shortly.

Even if not, be sure to let us know when you come up. We'll drink or something.

By Grimbergen on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 09:09 pm: Edit

Sorry to get your hopes up Midas, not that kind of cock suckers. I'm actually living in Orange county, south of the city. The only types of pricks you find around here are the very rich, uber-conservative variety.

Morrigan, I'm actually thinking of making the trek up there. Mainly just so that I can drive up highway 1, a really incredible experience.

Thanks for the advice Kevin, as soon I build up the will-power I will be sure to take your advice. Of course, my drinking habits are off-limits to any potential change.

By Perruche_Verte on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 08:03 pm: Edit

Don't forget sprouts, which suffer a bad rap due to their association with the smelly faux-hippy set. Sprout a grain of wheat or a bean and you more than double the nutrients within it. Sprouted grains also are incredibly sweet, tasty enough to eat raw. That's where we get malt sugar for brewing. For people who need to live on the cheap, this is also a great way to get lots of healthy food for pennies.

By Anatomist1 on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 05:26 pm: Edit

A diet of liquor and carbohydrates is bound to make you feel like crap. The current thinking on the highest energy, healthiest diet is what I call the "caveman" diet. Eat lots of vegetables fruits, nuts, and seeds - fresh as possible. Eat a moderate amount of meat and milk products, and a small to moderate amount of complex carbs and sugars, particularly refined ones (if you do much endurance/cardiovascular work, you can have more). Without going into it too deeply, complex carbs and refined sugars tend to elicit a hormonal response from your body that causes drowsiness and fat storage. As far as quantity/scheduling goes, eat four or five smaller (fist-sized) meals a day instead of large ones and never snack.

For losing the gut, follow the above, plus buy a jump rope and look up HIIT on the net (High Intensity Interval Training), plus do pushups, pullups, and lunges 2-3 times a week 2 to three sets each to or near failure.

I'm not sure if this will help you become a narcissitic prick, but you'll look and feel better. I think I was one before I started living like this, but not in an appearance-oriented way.

By Morriganlefey on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 04:59 pm: Edit

I need an emergency contingent of San Fran absintheteurs to come down and save me.

I avoid SoCal at all costs. Maybe you need to hop on up HERE to San Francisco & visit US. It's 78 degrees and sunny today, and I played hooky from work (just got back from Stinson Beach). *snicker*

- M

By Vangogh on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 04:14 pm: Edit

What you need is a job where you go to work at 6:30 and come back at 7:00. Then you can spend all day sippin' green...

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 06:52 am: Edit

Oh you've named it, good! Tell your belly to go. Just keep talking to it and it'll get sick of listening and melt away...

Repeat this mantra over and over till the heroin chic six pack that you had in New York returns...

Martin Martin go away
Can't hide you with a Tartan
Martin Martin go today
or I'll commence to Fartin'

By Midas on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 06:51 am: Edit

Fucking cock suckers? That's it, I'm moving...

By Grimbergen on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 12:24 am: Edit

Damn it man, don't you understand? I am no longer in my native NY; this is souhtern california. I can't eat cheese! I must rid myself of my gut (who goes by the name of martin) so that I can become one with the narcissictic pricks otherwise known as "locals". Fucking cock-suckers; I need an emergency contingent of San Fran absintheteurs to come down and save me.

By Bjacques on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 12:05 am: Edit

Cut out the grape-nuts!

Microwave a potato and slather it with cheese and chives.

By Grimbergen on Monday, June 18, 2001 - 11:50 pm: Edit

Oh god I need help. I go to work at 7 in the morning and get home at 6:30 (this is infinetly better than the hours I thought I would be working). What makes me write is that I am doing what I've been doing for the past 2 weeks - I come home from work, drink a couple beers, then I step up to the plate and much on grape-nuts for hours while drinking hard liquor. Does someone have a cure? something easy and healthy that I can make? Please?!! I am wasting away. WWMD (What Would Mark Do)?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation