Gosh, You Guys!!! (Attn: Bay Area Green Fairey Mob)

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Gosh, You Guys!!! (Attn: Bay Area Green Fairey Mob)
By Melinelly on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 02:22 pm: Edit

well, one can only surmise that everything went smoothly and the two of you are off cavorting happily in your new married life =) happy one week anniversary hehe

congratulations again.

By Melinelly on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 09:47 am: Edit

***grin***

many kind welcomes, you two =) after your email, i knew you'd get a kick outta that fat separator, hehe. one of these days when we make it down your way, you'll have to put those tools to good use. i totally agree with what you said below. we've got plans for a west/southwest gathering before the end of the year. i'll email ya more and post here when we've got things worked out.

cheers!

em

By Malhomme on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 12:13 am: Edit

I can't tell you all how surprised we are having just opened the wedding present from y'all!!! You've really out-done yourselves!

That night in NOLA has a kind of magic that we'll treasure for the rest of our lives-- like some crazy family reunion ("long-lost brothers and sisters unite after twenty-five years, next on Oprah!"). It's hard to relate in words just how dear that night, and the people we met there are to us.

And this forum... there's nothing else like it on the web that I've ever found: intelligent (and appropriately, sometimes not so intelligent) conversations abound; all of us disparate in background, all of us cut from the same white thigh. If we all lived in the same town or city, you know we'd be together hangin' out in Denny's or the Cafe du Rat Mort. What I'm trying to say is: I love you guys.

Let me specifically thank all of you for getting Allison and I the Wustof carving set (two of you I've never even met in person!): Emiliano and Melanie (Gosh, you guys!), Kallisti, Morrigan, TLautrec, and Dr. Ordinaire. Thank you so much!!!

I'd also like to add that it was Emiliano and Melanie that gave us the fat-separator. Allison and I put this on the registry partly as a kind of gag-gift to see who would give us a fat-separator for our wedding. I'll be laughing about this every time I use it. Thanks Mel.

I'm buy'n everyone a round of big hugs,
Jim and Allison

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation