Absinthe in Austria?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Absinthe in Austria?
By Tabreaux on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 12:43 pm: Edit

I just arranged for a sample of JL to be sent to my sister in Vienna, does that count? She asked me if the JL absinthes were as good as Prague Absinth.

By Simonsuisse on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 12:00 pm: Edit

I can't speak German. But i got the idea from That pleasant seeming German(Andy). That he had an Austrian Fee Verte under his 'Bootleg' section? Maybe that helps?

By Aion on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 09:13 pm: Edit

Hi,
I´m living in Austria and never found a bottle
of Absinthe in a shop. There is someone doing mailorder with Hill´s but at very high price (every price is too high for this swill).
There are several mailorder vendors in Germany (for better products), but you can get the same from Spiritscorner at better prices.
Wermut is the german word for wormwood, but it doesn´t mean Absinthe, but Martini or Cinzano.
A.

By Guillermo on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 08:23 pm: Edit

Hey Y'all --

I've got a buddy studying in Austria who will be coming home soon, and I'm thinking to ask him to bring the green fairy with him. Any word on whether or not one can obtain absinthe in Austria / Germany? I suppose it might be called Wermut or some variation there, which would only complicate matters.

BTW I saw Moulin Rouge last night -- really very entertaining, much more than the shitty reviews suggested.

Cheers -- Guillermo.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation