I lost my virginity to Sebor

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: I lost my virginity to Sebor
By Heiko on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 02:57 pm: Edit

"[...]if you find Segarra to be too weird alone."

I found Segarra to taste weird as well when I first tried it. I had only had all the other Spanish as a comparison. What I found out now is that Segarra has more in common with La Bleue, La Fée and good bootlegs than any other of the Spanish. I'm not really sure anymore, but I think the 50:50 mixture of Deva and Segarra might come pretty close to La Fée (only La Fée is a little "thicker" in taste and looks - even the green is very chemical, the louche is just magic!)

By Cheri on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 09:03 am: Edit

Head - the WRASSLIN Hardy Boys!!! And we can throw in Triple H (when he can walk again) and Ravyn looks like he'd be a pretty fun date! If I ever jump the fence, Lita's not too bad either..Kurt Angle looks like a goddamn thumb.

I still have no idea where my Mari Mayans is. I've emailed the source several times and the answer is always either "It's on it's way" or the latest was, "It should be there soon, we haven't lost a bottle yet." My reply was "how was it shipped, can it be tracked at least?" I just wanted to know if it either got confiscated, stolen off my patio or sent to East Bumfuck. At least I'd have an idea of what's going on. I just know I won't be using that source again.

Last night was a Deva 70 night. Not only do I think the bottle is gorgeous, but the louche as well. I know it's the taste that really counts and I love it. Two glasses had me shitfaced and analyzing movies that really didn't make much sense to begin with. Through absinthe eyes, I seemed to be able to pick out every continuity error. (Or at least what I THOUGHT was such). The analogy that comes to mind when I drink Deva 70 is Good 'N Plentys.

By Wolfgang on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 09:58 pm: Edit

Hi Cheri!

Happy to see another absinther around. I also ordered Sebor from a very bad source and got a stinking broken bottle... Surprisingly, my next attempt was also Deva 70 ;-) I have tryed many brand since then but now I realy like Deva (50 and 70), NS 70% and Segarra. (actualy I think I will just go pour another big glass of NS right now...). What I like about Segarra is you can add sugar to it so it`s fun for the ritual. If you order segarra, order also a bottle of regular Deva, you may like to mix it together if you find Segarra to be too weird alone.

Wolf.

By Head_Prosthesis on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 06:35 pm: Edit

"I could have just had the vision that there was Head in my future." tee hee hee it happens all the time...

Hardy Boys? Are you talkin' new or old
Wrasslin' or cartoon Hardys???

HARDY HAR HAR!!!

By Cheri on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 04:23 am: Edit

Thanks, Jay! Segarra is definitely on my list! I'm saving the bucks for it..

Hiya Head! My eyes? Hummm....I don't quite remember the details of the pic but that "look" could have come from:

1. An iguana biting my toe
2. Straining to see if the record light is on when my contacts are out.
3. Was just told a really stupid joke.
4. Had a stomach cramp
5. The Hardy Boys are standing naked on the other side of the room...

Or I could have just had the vision that there was Head in my future.

By Thegreenimp on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 08:19 pm: Edit

Try Segarra next time, it's likely the best of the Spanish brands.
Regards
Jay

By Head_Prosthesis on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 08:12 pm: Edit

That photo of you. It's as if your eyes are eviscerating through every layer right down to my bones... The eyes, the eyes, they won't stop staring at me. I close my own and I can still see them...

And Hi! I'm Head.

By Cheri on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 08:01 pm: Edit

Before I found this forum, and having heard of absinthe numerous times in the goth community, I decided it was time to take the plunge. I did a search on the internet, found a few sites offering absinthe and split the cost with a friend. The thinking in ordering Sebor was pretty much, "wow, cool, it says extra strong! Let's get that!" We didn't have a spoon, didn't know how much water to add, didn't really know shit about it all, so we poured two ounces in a water goblet, took a taste and said, UGH! SHIT! NYQUIL! We ran to the water faucet, added some and then looked for the louche.."where the fuck is the louche? Isn't this susposed to change color? um...i think it's kinda a different shade of green but I dunno..." We both drank three glasses, fell asleep on the living floor and I don't remember what the hell the movie was about we were watching... but one thing I did notice was that all of the ants that crawled into the shotglass in the kitchen were stone dead the next morning.

After finding and lurking on this forum for awhile, it was time to try again. I figured that another brand and experience may change my mind. I order a small bottle of Mari Mayans on 5/2 from a place not exactly recommended on the forum. I haven't seen the bottle yet. So I tried AGAIN.. this time with SC. And along came my bottles of Deva 70 and N.S. 55. This stuff was freaking GOOD.. and damn, it DID change color! And I didn't wanna gag when I drank it! And I wanted MORE and MORE..and it was so prettyyy... My favorite was the Deva that kinda blossomed with the water. I'm not quite the connissur (sp) as of yet but here are my findings so far:

Sebor Extra Strong 60% - YUCK!
Absinthe N.S. 55% - so much freaking better!
Deva 70% - DAMN BEST OF THE THREE..

As for secondary effects, I sorta go into a blank stare and start talking about anything and everything.. half of which makes sense. I don't feel all dizzy and sick like with regular booze. Just a floating feeling. My friend got fucking goofy and before falling asleep, kept showing me the chewed up apple rice cakes and Doritos in his mouth and swore he had the munchies.

BTW, I'm single and in Baltimore..and if there's ever a gathering, lemme know! There's so much more I wanna know (taste, drink...dream....)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation