Other types of liquor to order through SC

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Other types of liquor to order through SC
By Perruche_Verte on Wednesday, June 27, 2001 - 08:07 pm: Edit

Anyone know how many minis you can add to an
order w/o increasing the shipping?

By Melinelly on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 12:18 pm: Edit

briefly,

Leche Rizada is a light lemon and spice flavored cream liquer...

Patxaran is similar in taste and texture to sweet vermouth, but with a dominant blackcurrant flavor (it's made with small berry fruit native to portugal that taste like currants)...

Ratafia is a rich, sweet liquer, almost tasting lightly of maple syrup...

do a keyword search of the forum for more. i've posted reviews of various SC liquers including these in the past.

By Scoobydoo on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 12:16 pm: Edit

Melinelly,

Could you include a description of those you just listed. Thanks!
And wow, 120 dollars is expensive! Insert Bart's Ay Caramba here!

By String on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 12:16 pm: Edit

I asked the same question last fall and i was told to sample the miniatures. SC has several that are somewhat rare here and they add very little extra cost. I like the Kirsch and Suze. Someone else liked the Pisco. My last order I got Chartreuse green and yellow miniatures for a comparison sometime soon.
good luck

By Melinelly on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 09:31 am: Edit

Leche Rizada!!!!!! mmmmmm.... leche rizada.... *insert Homeresque drool here*
Patxaran (also spelled Patcharan)
Ratafia

and like Zack said, there are many steals for liquors you can get domestically, like Chartreuse.

By Zack on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 02:53 am: Edit

You can get Chivas Royal Salute 21yr from SC for about half the price you can get it here in the states (even with shipping). However, not many people want to pay $120 for a blended scotch, even if it is a steal.

By Scoobydoo on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 02:05 am: Edit

I am making another order through SC in the next day or two. So I was wondering if there were any other "must try" liquors to order through SC. Please post some favorites of yours in this thread if you think there are any I should try.
Thanks!
Eric

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation