Oh my god it's here

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Oh my god it's here
By Loucheliver on Sunday, June 24, 2001 - 04:28 pm: Edit

So, it basically was early afternoon. Well done! Now you just have to try Loucheliver's eye opener breakfast special-double espresso and absinthe.
What a way to start the day.

By Leela on Sunday, June 24, 2001 - 10:47 am: Edit

Well, I slept until noon yesterday so I couldn't drink in the morning.

But today is a new day. I'm going to make some Spanish tapas to drink with my Spanish absinthe this evening.

Leela

By Loucheliver on Sunday, June 24, 2001 - 06:27 am: Edit

Polygamous Fairy Freaks.

Leela,
The only problem w/drinking in the middle of the afternoon is you missed morning, and early afternoon.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, June 24, 2001 - 03:58 am: Edit

The C.P.A.'s

By Admin on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 11:02 pm: Edit

The covenant of the polygamous alcoholics?

sign me up ...

By Leela on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 10:47 pm: Edit

But if we were Mormons we couldn't drink absinthe!

Wait, we could form our own religion....

Leela

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 09:25 pm: Edit

We could become Mormons.

By Leela on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 08:22 pm: Edit

Oh HP, that's sweet of you to ask. But alas I am already married.

Leela

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 08:20 pm: Edit

Marry me!!!

By Leela on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 04:24 pm: Edit

Ok, I'm sucking down my Serpis Slurpis right now. MMMMMM, adult brain candy.

Leela

By Heiko on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 02:48 pm: Edit

"Oh hell, I just realized I'm drinking in the middle of the afternoon. I hope this isn't a problem."

- No problem, at least not on this forum ;-)

By Leela on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 02:42 pm: Edit

My red and green treasures have arrived. I am so pleased!

And here are my newbie reactions:

Deva 55% - I was suprised at the shade of green. Very green, a pretty shade, very bright. The taste straight has a little bit of a tang and a tiny bite of a sting. With water, became the daintiest of opaline green, and the flavors smoothed out. The tang and bite combined to be that sort of like the "undertaste" you get from something bitter, like aspirin or tannins in wine. The taste on the tongue is both minty and anise-y, but balanced. Not as much of a "back jellybean" taste as with the pastis drinks Absente and Pernod. And the aftertaste is a bit peppery. I did not add any sugar, the drink did not need it at all.

Serpis 55% - Again, I was suprised at the color. I knew it would be red, but it is a bright orangy-red. It has more of a wormwood smell and taste than the Deva. Straight, there is a citrus taste under the initial herbal flavors. Then I added water, and nearly laughed when it louched out to a sort of watery tomato color. I feel the taste of the Serpis in a different place in my mouth, more toward the back. It has a more medicinal character. It's not minty like the Deva, and it's not sticky like the pastis drinks. It also has a peppery aftertaste, but whereas the Deva was more like black pepper, the Serpis is more like red peppers.

Next step...down to the 7-11 for a cherry slurpee to try the fabled Serpis Slerpis.

(Oh hell, I just realized I'm drinking in the middle of the afternoon. I hope this isn't a problem.)

Leela

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation