La Fée news

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: La Fée news
By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, July 04, 2001 - 04:30 pm: Edit

Deva and La Fee are almost identical to me. I dislike them both, I would perfer to drink Oxygenee or Pontarlier Anis or either of them anyday.

By Heiko on Wednesday, July 04, 2001 - 12:22 pm: Edit

IMO Deva is much more "anise with wormwood" compared to La Fée. You get a lot closer to what "real absinthe" should taste like with La Fée. Deva has more of an artificial taste.

The louche of La Fée is great - if you pour the water slowly, the louche rises from the bottom to the top (see picture), just like Peter's Berger (only the color was totally different).
La Fée louche

credits to Andy for the picture

By Dengar on Wednesday, July 04, 2001 - 11:08 am: Edit

Here comes a quick review of La Fee:

I thought that I’d compare it with the absinthe that only a year ago was considered the best and today is considered crap: Deva. This is because I believe that Deva has become sort of “the standard absinthe”

The colour of La Fee is dark green. It looks fake, but quite nice. It has a nice louch, but it doesn’t get as white as Deva. The smell of anise is quite prominent. When I took the first sip my immediate thought was that it tasted just like Deva. A few sips later I changed my mind. This one is more complex. It’s not as sweet and it tastes…well…has more flavor! It’s a bit bitter, not too much though. Actually the bitterness is just how I like it.

For the second glass I added sugar (with the help of my new fancy La Fee spoon!). I think it goes quite well with the sugar, but it really doesn’t need it.

I like this absinthe. Under the current situation (wink, wink) I recommend everyone to try it, because it’s the best commercial brand I’ve tasted. I prefer this to Deva, any day.

By Dengar on Wednesday, July 04, 2001 - 08:24 am: Edit

Because La Fee hasn't been available outside the UK I haven't tried it yet. Now that eAbsinthe ships worldwide (with a big exception I know…) I ordered a bottle this Sunday and the bottle arrived today. Three days from placing the order to getting it in your hands is pretty impressive. I actually got it delivered to my work, which maybe wasn’t that appropriate…

Anyway. What I first discovered when I opened it was that that they had included a spoon although I hadn’t ordered one. They didn’t charge me for it, so I don’t complain. Maybe they ship bottles with spoons regardless if you have ordered that or not? I opened the bottle and I thought that it smelled quite much of anise. I intend to sample it later this evening because I need something to ease the tension here now that my mother in law is visiting. :-/

By Tavarua on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 09:42 am: Edit

Cumming now, myself in various confections.

Well maybe not, but I couldn't help myself on that one.

By Verawench on Sunday, July 01, 2001 - 09:31 pm: Edit

Coming Soon: The Sexual Confessions of an Absinthe Fiendess.

By Tavarua on Sunday, July 01, 2001 - 05:23 pm: Edit

I couldn't have said it better myself.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, July 01, 2001 - 03:27 pm: Edit

From Grammy to Sammy
every good Gaijin loves Tamoto Soup...

The Soup of the East, TAMOTO!!!

Hmmmmmm! Hmmmmmmmm! SUGOI!!!

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, July 01, 2001 - 02:52 pm: Edit

Tav, you lost the bid...

By Tavarua on Sunday, July 01, 2001 - 02:39 pm: Edit

I would not recommend this spoon. My Grandmother bought one about a week ago. All she eats is ultrabright tamoto soup out of a funny lookin glass. After eating four glasses she talks funny and falls down a lot. Anyway, I borrowed the spoon, and I can't figure the damn thing out, it sucks to eat soup with. Maybe if I clog the holes up with suger, like Grandmom, it will work. I love my Grammy.

By Verawench on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 07:50 am: Edit

k, but I want shared custody.

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 07:42 am: Edit

I take the immoral soul instead.

By Verawench on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 07:37 am: Edit

I'll give you my immortal soul for it.

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 07:30 am: Edit

Ok this is the last chance to get a one of a kind, limited edition, rare and original, priceless artifact created by Head_Prosthesis.

It has matured since it was last offered.
(Note the patina evident on the spoon's loucheladen surface)

The "L" is for Louchey!

You can't get this beauty from France, England, Frenchmans Limited, Ebay, or Odd Lots.

This is your chance to own a piece of history. Relive the slpendor of Head's Fabled Slerpis when you scoop out a red lump of slushee goodness, the majesty of flicking sugar cubes from the desk down the hallway and into the toilet, the excitement of whipping it across the room at unruly guests.

Act now and I'll throw in a liter of Citrasolv, a 10 oz. tub of Oxy-clean, five polyester fiber scrubbees and an enviornmentally friendly non-areosol cleaning solution diffuser (empty spray bottle)...

Gimmie the Spoon "G"

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 07:30 am: Edit

Ok this is the last chance to get a one of a kind, limited edition, rare and original, priceless artifact created by Head_Prosthesis.

It has matured since it was last offered.
(Note the patina evident on the spoon's loucheladen surface)

The "L" is for Louchey!

You can't get this beauty from France, England, Frenchmans Limited, Ebay, or Odd Lots.

This is your chance to own a piece of history. Relive the slpendor of Head's Fabled Slerpis when you scoop out a red lump of slushee goodness, the majesty of flicking sugar cubes from the desk down the hallway and into the toilet, the excitement of whipping it across the room at unruly guests.

Act now and I'll throw in a liter of Citrasolv, a 10 oz. tub of Oxy-clean, five polyester fiber scrubbees and an enviornmentally friendly non-areosol cleaning solution diffuser (empty spary bottle)...

Gimmie the Spoon "G"

By Alphasoixante on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 06:05 am: Edit

"But they will not even ship me a damn spoon. Why?"

They'll ship ye a damn spoon. Says so on the site:

http://www.eabsinthe.com/acatalog/eAbsinthe_Catalogue_La_F_e_Spoon_8.html

By Artemis on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 05:24 pm: Edit

Quote:

But I have to ask you, how did you aquire one, considering their shipping policy.

A friend went to England and brought a few back; he gave me one. I have it with my old French ones because it does look nice, as long as you don't look at it too close.

By Tavarua on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 04:34 pm: Edit

The one on the page looks pretty solid, but I guess you get what you pay for. Four bucks does seem to be good to be true. I have no problem swinging the twenty five, but it was the pattern of the spoon that caught my attention. I will probably hold off until I see a spoon that is exceptional, regardless of price.

For know, I will stick with the chag spoons from SC. I ain't bitchen, I realize two fitty is peanuts and wasn't expecting masterpieces of steel or silver when I got them. But I have to ask you, how did you aquire one, considering their shipping policy.

45$, Suck my dick. There are some shieshty MoFo's out there.

And I have seen the Tour-Eiffel replicas. I think they are a little to gaudy for my tastes.

By Heiko on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 02:43 pm: Edit

I can recommend the tour-eiffel replicas by Phil (Frenchman Ltd - his website is listed in the buyers guide). I'm not sure if he still has any, about everyone in Boveresse must have bought one of those :-)

I'm glad I bought one, it's real heavy and very good to use. In addition to that, the eiffel tower shape is very exceptional for a replica and it is as much an eye-catcher as the La Fée spoon.

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 01:07 pm: Edit

Those Magic eye spoons have already hit $45 on ebay...

By Artemis on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 01:05 pm: Edit

The La Fee spoon is not as impressive when you have it in your hand - it's flimsy. I can certainly understand wanting one though, I have one myself because I like that Illuminati thing with the eye.

If you can spend $25 on a spoon, however, I recommend:

http://www.mcs.net/~mikei/absinthe/replicas.htm

Now that's an impressive spoon; heavy and well-made. It's the spoon I actually use while the Muse Verte and Absente replicas stay in the drawer, and the antique ones stay in the display case.

By Tavarua on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 12:38 pm: Edit

That is by far and away the craziest spoon I have seen, especially at 4 USD. I want it. I wouldn't worry though, I am sure that they will pop up on E-Bay in for twenty-five bucks in the near future.

By Tavarua on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 12:35 pm: Edit

Wormwood:

You stole the words from my mouth. You Bastard, I want them back.

By Don_Walsh on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 04:45 am: Edit

They are now priced identically to a 50 cl bottle of Sebor.

Of course having Saudi on their ship-to list is asinine.

By Wormwood on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 04:27 am: Edit

I understand them not shipping absinthe the people in the USA.

But they will not even ship me a damn spoon. Why?

By Heiko on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 09:34 am: Edit

France is on the list - I can't believe it. Now you can order French La Fée in the UK and get it shipped for only 17 pounds shipment cost...

Ian, it's a wonder they ship to at least some countries now. It took them half a year to decide to ship to Germany, although it has never been a legal problem...
I can understand they don't ship to the US - I mean it's rather exceptional that a store like SC ships to countries where absinthe is not legal.

By Absinthedrinker on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 09:15 am: Edit

Once again you gotta love the marketing (where's our biggest potential market? the US? all right screw them - lets ship out to Saudi instead and see how they like 500 lashes for secondary effects)

By Cheri on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 09:07 am: Edit

Nope, you're not being dim. US isn't on there. However, if you wanna move to East Timon or Swaziland..

By Absinthedrinker on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 08:29 am: Edit

Am I being dim or is the only country that you are not able to select from the list the US? Although Saudi Arabia is on the list (lol).

By Heiko on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 08:14 am: Edit

Quote:

Dear Absinthe Friends

according to our records, you have made an enquiry in the past regarding
shipping absinthe overseas, we are now pleased to announce that we are able
to ship La Fée absinthe internationally, although unfortunately we are still
unable to ship Hill's Absinth outside the UK at this time.

Please visit our website at,
http://www.eabsinthe.com/acatalog/eAbsinthe_Catalogue_La_F_e_Absinthe_6.html
where you can make your purchase.
Best Regards

www.eAbsinthe.com

That is a message I just received. Believe me, I was so sad they won't ship Hill's ;-)
The price is rather high: 36 Pounds (59 Euro, without shipment).
As far as I understand the webpage, they won't ship to the US (only to countries where absinthe is legal).

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation