Cheap but functional...

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Cheap but functional...
By Anatomist1 on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 11:58 am: Edit

Ok, never mind. I looked it up on Google and found it myself.

By Anatomist1 on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 11:51 am: Edit

Dark One: OK, sounds good. Now, where did you get them? Please be specific.

By The Dark One on Thursday, July 27, 2000 - 11:12 pm: Edit

Hmmm perhaps one day I will even learn how to spell. Probably not but there is always hope 8)

By The Dark One on Thursday, July 27, 2000 - 11:11 pm: Edit

Alas it is true for 16 dollars I got four glasses and four spoons. While the glasses are kinda funky and the spoons kind of thin they cannot be beat. For the price they certainly are a good buy. I would like to drink out of a glass from the 1800's while pouring my water through a sterling spoon but unfortunatly for me that will be a ways off yet.
Love to those deserving,

By Anatomist1 on Thursday, July 27, 2000 - 02:05 pm: Edit

Mr. Wormwood: I am having trouble locating the set and adress to which you refer. I looked through most of the pages and collectible vendors in the guide. Could you give me a link, perhaps?

By Mr. Wormwood on Thursday, July 27, 2000 - 04:09 am: Edit

You can get a great quality spoon for $4 each if you buy the Absente glass set from the address in the Absinthe Guide.

If you only wanted a spoons sell the glasses on Ebay and you will probably make $20 in the deal.

By Absinthedrinker on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 08:21 am: Edit

Probably the cheapest spoons are the reproduction ones offered for $10 by Mike of Absinthe Collectibles at:
they will be of thin pressed metal but are quite functional. Any 6" tall beer glass with a short stem will suffice for a glass. But, once you have used the real thing you won't want to go back. Original spoons are generally much heavier and stronger than reproductions, the solid silver ones can weigh in at an ounce apiece and the bistro glasses are also very heavy. To get these either visit a flea market in France where spoons still go for $10 or so, or take your chance on ebay.

Happy drinking!

By anatomist1 on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 06:47 am: Edit

I would like to hear some advice on where to get some 'user' glasses and spoons. Being kind of new to Absinthe fetishism, I am not particularly concerned about the 'authenticity' of the items... unless someone can explain to me why I should be. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind something a cut above old jelly jars and cheese graters. Any suggestions?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation