Le Tour Eiffel and La Fee "Eye" Spoons

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Le Tour Eiffel and La Fee "Eye" Spoons
By Absinthespoon on Thursday, July 05, 2001 - 09:40 pm: Edit

Some people have had problems pulling up my web page. It's a new domain name, it takes a few days to propagate through all the DNS servers. In the meantime, I can send a picture by email if anyone wants. Thanks!

By Absinthespoon on Thursday, July 05, 2001 - 06:59 pm: Edit

My shipment of silver-plated Tour Eiffel #1 repro spoons has arrived, and I have settled on pricing. I have put a preliminary image at www.absinthespoon.com. I will put a better image up this weekend, when I can take pictures when the light is better.

Please contact me for details if interested. The discount for forum members is (for now) 20%. Please include your forum name in your email. Thanks.

By Petermarc on Tuesday, July 03, 2001 - 03:15 pm: Edit

actually, i find that rust adds another demension to the taste...

By Absinthespoon on Tuesday, July 03, 2001 - 06:20 am: Edit

Personally I would NEVER actually use an old spoon. They are great for collecting and for display, but I prefer to preserve them by not using them. (besides, I don't want to stir my drink with a rusty spoon).
Frenchman's spoons are so great because they are the equivalent of the very best quality old spoons (which are quite rare) when they were brand new.

By Chrysippvs on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 11:36 pm: Edit

hehehe...For some reason I don't like repros. I just can't bring myself to get them unless I am going to sell them on e-bay or something. I won't use them at all..

By Absinthespoon on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 10:08 pm: Edit

I think I only beat you by 5 minutes or less! I was really only looking to buy maybe 10 spoons... LOL

By Chrysippvs on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 09:21 pm: Edit

so thats is who beat me to that good deal...good show old man..

By Absinthespoon on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 07:01 pm: Edit

I have purchased a large supply of Frenchman spoons (all modern repro, obviously):
-Silver-plated Tour Eiffel#1 spoons. These are a limited item due to the fact that Phil broke the die! These are heavy silver-plate on brass.
-Silver-plated "Les Fleches" spoons.
-Chrome-plated "Les Fleches" spoons.
-Pressed stainless "Les Fleches" spoons (extra-heavy or regular).

I have been selling other repro spoons and glasses on eBay for a couple of years. These are by far the nicest spoons I've seen. I also have other spoons in smaller quantity. The silver-plated Les Fleches looks similar to an old one I have, but the repro is much heavier.

I will soon be launching some sort of online store at www.absinthespoon.com (I just registered the name).
Pricing is not yet set, but I would like to offer preferred pricing for forum members. Email if interested. --Steve

By Absinthedrinker on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 05:13 am: Edit

I do have a stash of Magic Eye spoons which I am quite happy to sell at cost plus P&P. email me if you are interested.

By Wormwood on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 04:47 am: Edit

Phil does not sell the La Fee Spoon, he told me to try Ian.

Phil is making the Eiffel Tower spoon so I assume as the manufacturer he would have the best price.

I think Mike Iavarone is also selling these spoons.

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, July 01, 2001 - 07:44 pm: Edit

now that is the good question...probably Frenchman phil.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, July 01, 2001 - 05:52 pm: Edit

So who's got the best price?

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, July 01, 2001 - 05:37 pm: Edit

and from Frenchman, and from me, and (probably)from Ian, and from the absinthe makers in Kerrmans...

By Betina on Sunday, July 01, 2001 - 03:28 pm: Edit

Tour Eiffel Repro and La Fee Spoons are now available for purchase from Betina Elixirs.....

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation