OT: Absinthe Drinkers in Brisbane, Australia

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: OT: Absinthe Drinkers in Brisbane, Australia
By Anatomist1 on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 06:31 am: Edit

Green Goddess... isn't that ranch dressing with pureed cucumber in it? My digestive tract doesn't like cucumber very much. If I mailed it to myself and put "gut bomb" on the declaration form, do you think customs would open it?

K.

By Banix88 on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 06:10 am: Edit

sorry i am new to protocol... i always look forward to hanging out with the green goddess... if she permits me to

By Admin on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 09:57 am: Edit

heh, I have to sleep sometime!

By Artemis on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 09:25 am: Edit

Yes, Kallisti doesn't censor much, but the details of declaration forms are not discussed here.

Some people think it doesn't matter. I think it *might* matter, and it couldn't possibly do any good for anybody but customs.

By Heiko on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 08:46 am: Edit

Artemis,

so I was right about that? I've also rang the alarm some hours ago...

By Artemis on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 07:10 am: Edit

There is something in that latest post that IS off topic for this forum. The alarum has been sounded.

By Banix88 on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 03:16 am: Edit

The bottles were stuck in customs because the package was declared as **deleted**, which it seems they did not believe. Through a fedex broker i then re-declared it as wine

By Anatomist1 on Sunday, July 08, 2001 - 07:40 pm: Edit

Australians should not complain about anything. They have government regulations that provide them with unlimited quantities of non-carcinogenic peanuts and peanut butter, and that should be enough for anyone.

K.

By _Blackjack on Sunday, July 08, 2001 - 02:01 pm: Edit

BTW, contrary to popular opinion, talking about absinthe is not "OT" for the forum... ;)

By Midas on Sunday, July 08, 2001 - 09:50 am: Edit

Why the huge delay? Did they give you a definite reason?
Anyhoo, there's a few of us here in Sydney, and there IS someone in Brisvegas that posted here ages ago, but buggered if I can remember their name. Maybe search the archive, you might come across it.
-Robert.

By Heiko on Friday, July 06, 2001 - 10:08 am: Edit

Who was sitting in customs for half a year: you, or the bottles?
That makes a big difference... :-)

By Banix88 on Friday, July 06, 2001 - 04:21 am: Edit

Well i finally got my bottles of mari mayans and deva.. after sitting for about a month and a half in customs... no problems with them, even after they opened my package, but that does not mean anything right now... anyway if there are any absinthe lovers in brisbane... send me an email... just moved down here from the states, personal favourite is sebors...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation