More first impressions from a Newbie

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: More first impressions from a Newbie
By Thegreenimp on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 11:34 pm: Edit

Don,
I think it was about a year or so that he died.
Jay

By Cheese on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 11:31 pm: Edit

'99. Omerta was published the next year.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 10:56 pm: Edit

Oh. When did that happen? I take it then OMERTA was published posthumously?

By Marc on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 09:36 pm: Edit

Don,

Puzo is dead.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 09:50 am: Edit

Better ask Ted, he hangs with Francis F. so he ought to know.

But I think not, the death of Michael should have ended the cycle.

However, Nick Cage IS a Coppola family member and so may they concocted a sequel for him...but I suspect Puzo would barf on it.

I suppose you all know the relationship between Francis F.Coppola and 'Trigger' Mike Coppola, don't you? Francis F. even gave his relative a posthumous walk-on in 'Cotton Club'.

Anyone read OMERTA yet?

More Sicilian Gothic I expect.

By Leela on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 11:57 pm: Edit

I heard there was a Part IV. Is this true? Has anyone seen it?

Leela

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 10:17 pm: Edit

I gotta admit, I did a Macauley Caulkin victory dance and said "YES!!!" at that point.

By Greenhour on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 10:13 pm: Edit

Don't forget to burst out laughing when Sophia Coppala dies at the end. One of the worst films ever made. Yikes!!!!
Yours in green
G

By Head_Prosthesis on Monday, July 09, 2001 - 06:17 pm: Edit

Nice wedding ring. Green tourmaline with pink tourmalines. Sweet!

(I worked at a jewelers one summer)

By Leela on Monday, July 09, 2001 - 06:06 pm: Edit

Heh, if you want to see a picture of me really dancing check out

http://www.lagassa.com/ballroom/sapphirenovice.jpg

Leela

By _Blackjack on Monday, July 09, 2001 - 05:47 pm: Edit

Quote:

NS has more herbal/vegetable variety and has an aftertaste of coffee (sort of).

You caught that too? My friend noted the coffee thing too. I didn't taste it myself, but I'm used to drinking quadruple espressos with Honduran cigars, so SUBTLE coffee flavors may be lost on me.

By Wolfgang on Monday, July 09, 2001 - 04:29 pm: Edit

LOL Whahahah! Artemis you beated me on this one, I was about to write something similar when a read your post ;-)

Leela, thaks for sharing (even if we are laughing), you "dance" pretty well.

By Leela on Monday, July 09, 2001 - 04:28 pm: Edit

Oh believe me I'm doing it now. While watching "The Godfather Part III" on my TiVo.

Leela

By Artemis on Monday, July 09, 2001 - 04:19 pm: Edit

Don't forget to do the architecture dance :^) !

By Leela on Monday, July 09, 2001 - 04:02 pm: Edit

A new package has arrived from Catalunya, containing NS 55% and Segarra. I have three glasses lined up now in front of me: Deva, NS, and Segarra.

Deva is the greenest, very green, almost fake green. NS is olivine. Segarra is tan, like scotch.

Straight, Deva is anise with mint undertones. NS has more herbal/vegetable variety and has an aftertaste of coffee (sort of). Segarra is smoooth and reminds me of scotch with oak undertones and a honey aftertaste.

Louched, Deva is light green and one-dimensional in taste. NS is light olive (brownish-green) and sports a variety of herbal tastes, sort of like a salad. Segarra is tan/apricot, not green, sort of like vanilla soy milk--it tastes like dried herbs, or slightly like bread.

Deva seems so simple now. Pleasant but like a soft drink in that it's just one flavor. It's sprightly and clean but that's it. NS is smoother and more drinkable, and the flavors take longer to develop on the tounge because you aren't overwhelmed with the anise. The Segarra tastes aged and a little bready.

Based on this tasting, I must say that I like the NS the best of the louched absinthes. But if I were to drink straight shots or (lord forbid) use the Czech burning sugar, I'd go for the Segarra. The Segarra tastes wonderful on its own.

I did not add sugar to any of these when I louched them.

Oh shit, it's not even 4pm and I've already drank three glasses of absinthe. When does one cross the line between obsession and addiction?

I'm thinking of getting some La Blues next, after I get paid again :-)

Looking forward to Kallisti's picnic...I'm going to bring a basket full of classique French picnique food.

Leela

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation