Finally! My review of Oxygénée

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Finally! My review of Oxygénée
By Aion on Monday, July 09, 2001 - 10:33 pm: Edit

There is a spice in it I didn´t taste anywhere
else until now. It may be clove, pimento or nutmeg, but I am quite sure it is cardamom. Sniff on the cork when the scent of alcohol is mostly gone.
A.

By Admin on Monday, July 09, 2001 - 09:36 pm: Edit

Whether or no this absinthe, the jury is still out. But it certainly has one of the nicest labels out there. The bottle is clear, with a wooden capped cork. The absinthe is a pale peridot.

Nose to the bottle almost all I can smell is the alcohol. But there is a hint of a candy smell to it with a very light hyssopy scent. The more I smell it the stonger the candy smell gets. Almost like cotton candy I think.

Adding water, about 3 to 1, it has a thin pale green louche. The flavor is remarkably thin for adding only this much water. Very, very light on the anise, which might explain the pale louche. The candy scent in the nose does not translate to sweetness in the mouth, but it is still there. There is a distinct but light bitterness you notice pretty straight off, center palate. Very light mintiness as you swallow.

If this is a faux absinthe, it is definately the best out there. As an absinthe, it is a bit thin, but rather than a detriment, it recommends itself to very pleasant imbibing.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation