Someone help this man, please!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Someone help this man, please!
By Artemis on Saturday, July 14, 2001 - 12:52 pm: Edit

When the 21st century epitaph of absinthe is written, instead of it being blamed for murders and a weakened army, we'll read of a man who gave up a lucrative position as coach of the Indiana Pacers to go to Germany, inhale alcohol fumes, and spout gibberish on the Internet.

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, July 14, 2001 - 08:40 am: Edit

Yeah LARRY BIRD that's it. BULLSEYE!

By Artemis on Saturday, July 14, 2001 - 08:13 am: Edit

Quote:

Someone always notices that the 'volunteer' from the audience is also the guy who was driving the team when they came into town.

Laughing out loud. Reminds of the Three Stooges episode when they were hawking patent medicine in an Old West town. Curly mixed up something that Moe handed to the sheriff to taste. When he drank it, his handlebar mustaches spun around like bicycle pedals and smoke shot out of his ears. Apparently this German expert is a Stooges fan.

By Artemis on Saturday, July 14, 2001 - 08:06 am: Edit

Quote:

Considering the high evaporation temperature for thujone and the low temp. for alcohol, you all know that you'll get a pure alcohol kick out of this method (especially with 70% vol. alc. MM).

For that to be a consideration, there would have to be thujone in it in the first place. Which there probably wasn't for that very reason.

I think the guy looks like Larry Bird (used to play forward for the Boston Celtics).

By Spm on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:45 pm: Edit

Heiko:
Thanks for your help with the image post. I keep using backslash attach{description}.

dunce1.jpg

I am shure this guy is ok. I just think that sniffing hot alcohol vapors is dumb. I bet it burns your lungs!

Shawn

By Heiko on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:29 pm: Edit

backslash image{description} is the key...

By Heiko on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:26 pm: Edit

btw. I said "help this man", not "beat him up" - you guys are so brutal, I can't believe it... ;-)

On the other hand, it's his own fault - nobody forced him to tell stupid stuff about absinthe in public television...

By Spm on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:22 pm: Edit

Sorry but that was the image I use for the cap. This is the correct image.

image/jpegdunce1.jpg
dunce1.jpg (128 k)

By Spm on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:21 pm: Edit

Sorry but that was the image I use for the cap. This is the corrent image.

dunce1.gif

By Heiko on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:19 pm: Edit

...it works if you're crazy enough to receive all forum posts by mail - which I do...

then it's just a link to http://www.vintagelogos.com/dunce1.jpg
what's the problem with a link?

By Spm on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:16 pm: Edit

I hope this works

image/gifdunce.gif
dunce.gif (13 k)

By Verawench on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:13 pm: Edit

nope. try again.

By Spm on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:09 pm: Edit

This man knows everything!

dunce1.jpg

By Verawench on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:08 pm: Edit

your attachment doesn't work.

By Spm on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:05 pm: Edit

This guy knows everything!

http://www.vintagelogos.com/dunce1.jpg

By Verawench on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:04 pm: Edit

I still think he shoud be tracked down to have the living crap beaten out of him.

Stupid AND fugly. Kill it. Stomp on it. Or at least shut it up.

By Anatomist1 on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 10:18 pm: Edit

I wouldn't count on being able to track him down. He probably packed up his wagon and left --trailing a wake of pitchfork-wielding peasants. Someone always notices that the 'volunteer' from the audience is also the guy who was driving the team when they came into town.

K.

By Head_Prosthesis on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 06:22 pm: Edit

He's playing something. What a Bozo.

By Don_Walsh on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 05:46 pm: Edit

No, he looks more like Michael Douglas playing a wino.

By Head_Prosthesis on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 05:41 pm: Edit

He's got that shiny skin and butt-chin. Looks a little like Kirk Douglas.

By Verawench on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 05:29 pm: Edit

Oh my god. Someone find the man's contact info... he needs to be either euthanized immediately or have some sense beaten into him.
"Experte Absinth"????? God! W T F??????

By Heiko on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 04:41 pm: Edit

We were talking about if or if not a discussion on illegal drugs on this forum would create a bad image for absinthe in general?

Forget about it - this is what self-announced 'experts' show on tv...

By Heiko on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 04:37 pm: Edit

One thing you shouldn't miss as well is this guy's method of "vacuum-drinking" absinthe. A method he says to give you the best thujone effect. After setting the absinthe on fire (I think he used MM for that) he put his hand on the glass, creating a vacuum from the cooling of the air, then sucked the vapors from it...
oh my god!
somewhat reminds me of binge drinking...very bohème... ;-)
Considering the high evaporation temperature for thujone and the low temp. for alcohol, you all know that you'll get a pure alcohol kick out of this method (especially with 70% vol. alc. MM).

By Heiko on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 04:23 pm: Edit

I've just seen a very bad documentation (very short, only a few minutes) about absinthe, the new "insider's-drink" in Berlin...

I expected it to be bad - but I didn't expect it to be that bad...
I am calling for help for this man (see picture), who claims to be the expert of the 'Absinthe-Depot' Berlin: All he said in about thirty seconds was an accumulation of misinformation (thujone docks to the cannabis receptor, the classic ritual is to burn sugar, and so on). He teaches all that misinformation in his 'green-hour'. People believe he's a real capacity and believe every word he says...
It's sad...

Help this man, please!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation