London Bars and La Fee Absinthe

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:London Bars and La Fee Absinthe
By Absinthedrinker on Tuesday, August 08, 2000 - 06:32 am: Edit

Wow, you got a free tab - I like it! This could catch on, I must go and try the same myself, with the number of different patterns out there I could keep myself in drinks for the rest of the year :-)

Absinthedrinker

By apollo on Tuesday, August 08, 2000 - 04:03 am: Edit

Actually I went back. They know it under Absenta - not Mari Mayans. I taught the bartenders the proper way of serving it, and sold them one of my spoons for a free tab, so Absinthedrinker, should you go back, you will have the almighty honor of seeing my spoon. Anyway, they should know what to do now.
Apollo

By Absinthedrinker on Sunday, August 06, 2000 - 04:51 am: Edit

Sorry about that Apollo, it was definitely there last week - there must have been a rush on it. Did they say why there was none in stock? Good news about Gerrys though.

Absinthedrinker

By Apollo on Sunday, August 06, 2000 - 03:59 am: Edit

I went to Lab Bar last night and they didn't have Mari Mayans. Most dissappointing. I even brought my own spoon and sugar cubes. Yea, OK I'm a loser I know. But Gerry's has La Fee for 32.? Just thought those of you in London would like to know.
Apollo

By Apollo on Saturday, August 05, 2000 - 04:51 am: Edit

Will do. I will make damn sure they serve it properly.
Apollo

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, August 04, 2000 - 06:16 am: Edit

Most kind Apollo, but I'm a Monday to Friday Londoner and need the weekends to escape the city. Ask them when they are going to stock La Fee and make sure they don't set fire to your MM :-)

Absinthedrinker

By apollo on Friday, August 04, 2000 - 05:17 am: Edit

Thanks Absinthe drinker.
I'll be there tomorrow night if you would like to join me for a drink.
Cheers, Apollo

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, August 04, 2000 - 04:25 am: Edit

The Lab bar in Old Compton St serves Mari Mayans but you will need to ask for it by name as it is tucked away behind the Hills. Last time I was in there they didn't have any La Fee but my guess is that all the places that serve Hills (check out the Green Bohemia website) will soon be serving La Fee.

Absinthedrinker

By Apollo on Friday, August 04, 2000 - 04:06 am: Edit

I dont suppose anyone knows where, or if there are any pubs or bars in London that serve either the spanish or La Fee absinthe.
Thanks for any info you can give.
Cheers, Apollo

Oh, by the by, those poems where, umm..entertaining. Yea that's it.
but again, thanks for the response.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation