What Next

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:What Next
By tabreaux on Wednesday, August 09, 2000 - 04:44 pm: Edit

Hill's is 70%, so this is no guarantee of quality, only strength. It doesn't louche like M. Mayans or Deva because it's herbal content is dissimilar and/or markedly less than that of these brands (e.g. Sebor).

By bluedog1 on Wednesday, August 09, 2000 - 04:14 pm: Edit

I have an opportunity to buy the Mallorcan Tunel, so thanx for the review.

But why doesn't it louche?

By Pennekamp on Wednesday, August 09, 2000 - 03:07 pm: Edit

I have been asked to submit a review of ABSENTA TUNEL a Mallorcan Absinthe that was recently sent to me. I can say that TUNEL has all of the qualities of the higher proof Spanish varieties since it is 70% alcohol. It has a lovely dark green color but unfortunately no louche. Also the flavor is the familiar anise-licorice of the best Spanish brands like DEVA and MARI MAYANS which I consider to be the best absinthe available next to the best varieties of LA BLEUE. On the whole I can recommend it for anyone but the purist who demands a louche which I admit to being close to myself

By Artemis on Saturday, August 05, 2000 - 08:36 am: Edit

I like Herring. It's nothing like Deva, so if variation at a reasonable price is what you want, I recommend Herring.

By Marc on Saturday, August 05, 2000 - 12:24 am: Edit

Herring is interesting. It's citrusy with a slight bitterness to it.

By joepublic on Friday, August 04, 2000 - 11:05 pm: Edit

of all of the spanish brands, I like segarra the best. It's very different from both mari and deva.

By bluedog1 on Friday, August 04, 2000 - 07:24 pm: Edit

As I sit sipping the last of my Deva and have started tasting the Mari Mayans, I'd like a few suggestions on which to taste next. I'm more partial to the Mari, but similarity to Mari is not a determining factor. what I want is to taste, gain experience, and not waste my time, taste buds, or money on an inferior product.

And unless they now make miniatures, I'm not in a financial position to try La bleue at the present point in time.

Thanks in advance for recommendations

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation