Archive through July 6, 2000

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Absinthe legally sold at Pirate's Alley Cafe:Archive through July 6, 2000
By tabreaux on Thursday, July 06, 2000 - 09:18 am: Edit

No, let it be a painful reminder of what the Czechs are doing to get rid of their radioactive wastewater.

By Br0therben on Thursday, July 06, 2000 - 06:41 am: Edit

BY GOD MAN REMOVE THAT IMAGE!!!!!!!!!!

ugh god the taste...it won't go away....

schultz.....

gasp....

Br0therBen

By Don Walsh on Thursday, July 06, 2000 - 03:10 am: Edit

God help this guy if he ever encounters something more 'narcotic' than (Crillon's) New Jersey and probably radioactive Absente!

Insipient overdose!

Pirate's Alley was always a place for tourists to be duped.

Nothing has changed.

Don -- native of New Orleans

By tabreaux on Wednesday, July 05, 2000 - 10:24 pm: Edit

Uh, yeah, forgive me for being vague.
LOL

By tabreaux on Wednesday, July 05, 2000 - 10:16 pm: Edit

It just occured to me that the last time I was at Pirate's Alley, I saw a bottle of Schulz (equally bad) in the cooler.

Did the bottle look like this?

absente

or did it look like this?

schulz

By Oceanbird on Wednesday, July 05, 2000 - 09:56 pm: Edit

i for one, feel ted is being a bit vague on how he
feels about the absint. I mean how do you really
feel about it ted?
are you saying you like it?

By tabreaux on Wednesday, July 05, 2000 - 09:12 pm: Edit

Narcotic? May I suggest placebo instead? I know Pirate's Alley Cafe very well (I live in New Orleans as well), and "Absente" isn't absinthe. The ban hasn't been repealed, and there is no loophole. Absente is a totally bogus product which makes use of twisted, misleading language into duping unsuspecting consumers into believing that it is absinthe. It isn't. This stuff has zero absinhtium in it, and reeks of licorice root (nasty). It is nothing like absinthe in any way, shape, or form, and certainly not taste.

By Marc on Wednesday, July 05, 2000 - 07:25 pm: Edit

Are you sure it wasn't spelled "Absente"?
The Sebor's label reads "Absinth"? Could that have been it?

By Ear Wax on Wednesday, July 05, 2000 - 06:46 pm: Edit

I live in N.O. and have tried the Absinthe now sold at Pirate's Alley. Was told the ban has been repealed here a few months back, or some loophole invoked, etc. It was was a brand spelled "Absint" and imported. It made my legs tingly, and tongue numb, and made things weirdly colorful and made me a little stupefied. It felt more like a narcotic than alchohol. Does anyone know anything about the legalization or this brand?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation