Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:FEE ABSINTHE
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through August 14, 2000  5   08/14 07:44am

By Black Rabbit on Monday, August 21, 2000 - 08:46 am: Edit

I made myself an 'Earthquake' this weekend. undiluted Absinthe and Cognac...(not the one on the recipie section, but one I read about.)

I thought it would be horrid. It was at first, but by the third sip or so I began to develop a real taste for it.

Try it! Tain't half bad. I used Mari and Corvossier (half and half as I was too lazy to try to find the proportion.)

Also, Absinthe and tangerine juice in place of the water (add a bit of the peel crushed as well)is one of my favorite drinks ever.

By blackjack on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 11:06 am: Edit

A drink I made up, based on the classic Raymond Chandler gimlet (very sweet by modern standards):

Green Lady:

1/2 Absinthe
1/2 Rose's sweetened lime juice

It is very sweet, but very tasty. The lime and the anise do something very yummy to each other.

By Black Rabbit on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 07:03 am: Edit

Absinthe and red wine... tried it.

Never again!

By Mr. Wormwood on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 04:53 am: Edit

While on the subject here are some other absinthe mixed drinks not to try.

tremblement de terre (earthquake): Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec's favorite mixed drink was Absinthe and Cognac.

Absinthe minuit: Absinthe and white wine

absinthe de vidangeur (scavenger absinthe): was Aristide Bruant's favorite drink, it is Absinthe and Red Wine.

A cocktail consisting of black ink and absinthe was invented by Vincent Van Goch. I would not take any drink recipies from him, on one occasion he used a quart of terpentine as a chaser.

By Absinthedrinker on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 01:41 am: Edit

And just in case any hedonists think about mixing absinthe and champagne - don't, it looks and tastes awful!

By Don Walsh on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 07:42 pm: Edit

By university lurker on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 02:00 pm: Edit

add some 7-up or sprite in a 1:7 or 1:5. Taste great. Each changes the flavor of absinthe abit.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation