Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Nightmares
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through August 14, 2000  5   08/14 04:10am

By meursault06 on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 09:59 am: Edit

I once saw Tito Puentes in my dream... Doesn't count as a nightmare, but it rather odd

By Mr. Wormwood on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 04:29 am: Edit

At least your wit doesn't cost us all $25 a shot.

By Mo Chit on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 01:21 pm: Edit

What, are you kidding? Even an elementary reading
of the Buffet librettos, as i am sure a Buffet
aficionado like mr wormwood would tell you, points
to a Buffet/Beckett axis in terms of philosophical
leanings, and is a far cry from Sartre.

On a more trivia related note, the publishers of
the aforementioned Buffet biography (that mr
wormwood owns) settled out of court with Mr. B.
over the apparent omission of a key word in the
title of the biography.

The actual title of the book was to have been, "A
POOH Pirate Looks at Fifty"... the salty dog.

(Keeping the People Informed the Way Jah Wiz
Keeps the People Liquored Up)

By malhomme on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 10:18 pm: Edit

I still think he ripped it off from Sartre....

By Marc on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 11:19 am: Edit

Mr. Wormwood,

Please don't tell me where my posts belong.
This forum already has it's fair share of "control freaks". The criticisms that were made were regarding Buffet's music, not you. Buffet, like The Grateful dead, usually inspires passionate like or dislike. I had a knee jerk reaction when you mentioned his name. Don't take it personally.

By Mr. Wormwood on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 07:53 am: Edit

Give it a rest man. I didn't post on the forum to debate the man's music. I didn't say "Jimmy Buffett" rules.

All I did was quote what his latest book had to say about absinthe induced dreams.

Take you debate about parrothead inspired beverages onto the Margaritaville (R) Tequilla forum where it belongs.

By Billynorm on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 12:21 am: Edit

I dreamed I was at a Jimmy Buffett concert with Marc & Kevin. Kevin's wearing an anatomical cutaway parrot head. We're drinking absinthe, but wait, that's not sugar around the rim of a cheap Absente glass, but (yech!) SALT! Buffett's only on his 70th encore of "Margaritaville" but the worst thing is,

By Anatomist1 on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 03:01 pm: Edit

I'm with Marc on Jimmy Buffet. Usually I don't condemn music on the basis of its fans, but in this case, I can't get the image of high school jocks and fashionettes dancing to margaritaville. It's like music that was designed to be listened to on a Vail ski weekend that your parents paid for....

By Marc on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 03:05 am: Edit

Buffet's absinthe nightmare reads like horseshit.
I don't buy it. Buffet is a pseudo hipster who appeals to weekend hippies. Fake.

By Marc on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 01:49 am: Edit

Does listening to a Jimmy Buffet album qualify as a nightmare?

By Billynorm on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 11:54 pm: Edit

So far, absinthe hasn't given me any nightmares, some interesting dreams, yes, but no nightmares. In fact, I haven't had a nightmare in almost 30 years. I've had dreams that were unpleasant or startling, but nowhere near the last nightmare I had which I'll recount here:

An old girlfriend of mine was a Wicca-tradition witch. In the dream, she was being interviewed by Dick Cavett in the middle of a concrete creek bed. I walked onto the "set" & told her she was only "a facade." She then became a werewolf & attacked me. As she was about to bite off my nose, I woke up. I didn't go back to sleep that night! Ever since then, whenever a dream gets too ugly or unpleasant, I say to myself, "There's a way out of this" & I wake up! That's my only success with what they call "lucid" dreaming. (By the way, oddly enough, I'm still friends with her & I've never told her of the dream!)

By malhomme on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 09:06 pm: Edit

Sounds like Sartre on acid....
Or was that the joke?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation