La Fee and Tunel Absinthes from Betina Elixirs

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:La Fee and Tunel Absinthes from Betina Elixirs
By Pennekamp on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 11:53 pm: Edit

As I sit sipping a glass of TUNEL absinthe in my Pernod-Tarragon individual fountain glass, I can make what I hope to be an honest comparison to DEVA of which I just had a glass and is one of my favorite absinthes. TUNEL is dark olive green in a clear bottle and is quite alcoholic at 70%. It clouds slightly with the addition of water but does not louche in the traditional sense. For my taste sugar is a definte plus with this variety. Having graduated from HILL's, which was my first experiment with absinthe and is now only a bad memory, I expected a similar experience. Happily TUNEL's is much superior to any of the Czech varieties of which I have tried four. TUNEL is mildly licorice in flavor but its flavors are a bit overwhelmed by the alcohol.While I can barely put away a single glass of HILL's now that my palate is educated, TUNEL's is a much more pleasant and flavorful experience. I noticed no real effect from wormwood but find it to be a nice if occasional alternative to my favorite Spanish brands of DEVA, MARI MAYANS and the more pricy Swiss LA BLEUE. I recommend TUNEL for the true aficionado who wants to educate his/her palate to the better absinthes available on the world market. At the very least you get a hell of a bang for your buck!

By betina on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 08:58 pm: Edit

I am announcing that I now have La Fee as well as
Tunel Absinthe from Mallorca,Spain available for
order and purchase. Please e-mail for details...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation