Completely ignorant and needing help

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Completely ignorant and needing help
By mahomme on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 08:56 pm: Edit

The current exchange rate has been hovering at about $0.90 U.S. per 1 Euro for the past two weeks.

See www.oanda.com for an accurate conv.

By lindsay lebell on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 07:38 pm: Edit

Ok people, My husband and I would like to order one bottle each of deva and mari mayans from spirit's corner. However, we don't know the currency exchange to u.s. dollars. The total is 144.38 euros, or 24,064 pts. Can anyone tell us how much that is?

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 01:47 pm: Edit

Blast! I thought the Great Ones that cannot be named destroyed him long before Atlantis sank into the African Ocean...it seems that we must do battle again...

By tabreaux on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 01:04 pm: Edit

That's because the other Justin is Justin's antimatter counterpart from a parallel universe. Should the two ever meet, they will destroy each other.

By Marc on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 12:20 pm: Edit

Chrysippvs,

Sorry about the confusion. The little "v" symbol
(pointing downwards) eluded me.

The other justin presumes his experience is the only experience. Of course, he is wrong.

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 11:36 am: Edit

Just to let everyone know...the Justin that posted about there be no affects to absinthe was not Justin S. aka Chrysippvs.

Take care

-Justin S. aka chrysippvs

By Anatomist1 on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 11:29 am: Edit

I, too have to disagree with justin. I have tried 4 different absinthes. Deva, Mari Mayans, Montana, and Herring. My experience with Deva in particular is the opposite of what justin claims. I could feel something after 1 glass. One glass of vodka: jack squat! One beer: maybe a little buzz, but a much groggier one.

Beware on the other end of the evening, however. I'm not much of a cocktail drinker, and I find absinthe easy to overdo.

If you want to feel it for yourself, I say get out $63, dial up www.spiritscorner.com on your browser and order 2 bottles of Deva, or 1 Deva and 1 Mari Mayans (collectors ed.). Shipping is about $30 whether you order 1 or 2, and the bottles are about $15 each. You'll be feeling it within a week.

K.

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 10:38 am: Edit

Marc

was me pointing down towards the other person who, just so happened to be named Justin,indicating that we are two seperate people.

and btw I did not tell anyone what they will or will not experience. I personally have never had the vivid dream experience with absinthe, only mental clarity and relaxation. Although I did attempt to show the "affects" of our new absinthe are much more inline with those of the late 19th century reports, without the field of Tuplips of course...

By Marc on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 10:03 am: Edit

Justin,

you contradict yourself. First you claim that there are no effects from absinthe, than you extoll the effects of vintage absinthe. Which is it?

There have many accounts of vivid dreaming resulting from drinking absinthe. Even the tough-minded Don Walsh has recounted his experiences in absinthe dreamland.

Your experiences with absinthe are yours. Do not presume to tell others what they will or will not experience when drinking the green fairy.

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 09:51 am: Edit

effects..sorry not affects..

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 09:51 am: Edit

It also greatly depends on what absinthe you are drinking...Deva has nothing on the affects brought on by the vintage reproductions that are in the cogs right now...After a single glass the affects are apparent let me assure you..

-J

----------v not me...

By justin on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 07:11 am: Edit

Vivid dreams and heightened senses; no, don't let them fool you. You just don't feel the effects of the alcohol as quick as you would if you were drinking any other alcohol. Plus most here get hooked on the taste. Many will try to tell you of strange effects and sensations, that don't exist. Just wait and read on there should be some good trolls and flamers writing after this, but it's the truth. We've had this discusion many time in the past few years.

By Marc on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 12:04 am: Edit

Vivid dreams and heightened senses. What more do you want?

By lindsay lebell on Monday, August 21, 2000 - 11:42 pm: Edit

I have just stumbled across this discussion board and am very curious about the attractions to absinthe. Living in New Orleans, I've often heard of it, but after reading the majority of the threads here, I still haven't gotten a strong hold on what the affects of absinthe are. Vivid dreams, heightened senses..........but what else?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation