Herbsaint

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Herbsaint
By Luger on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 10:05 pm: Edit

Ah!

Both Swedish, and Norwegian girls are great, but it *is* a difference. A Coke-fan cannot stand Pepsi, and a Pepsifan cannot stand Coke, but none of them will not even discuss Dr Pepper. (Spanish Absinthe)

Anyway, yes I should sleep now :-)

Best regards: Luger

By tabreaux on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 09:44 pm: Edit

I was going to say it's like comparing a Swedish girl to a Norwegian girl (something I know you can appreciate), but the Coke and Pepsi analogy is a very good one. They are more similar than different, and yet they are both different from anything modern. If you've tasted one, you'd certainly recognize the other.

BTW, it is long past your bedtime.

By Luger on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 09:21 pm: Edit

Thanks!

If you compare the taste with E. Pernod, is it something like comparing Coca Cola with Pepsi, or is the difference bigger?

By tabreaux on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 01:08 pm: Edit

Judging by the amber tint of the liqueur in the bottle, it looks as though it were colored with caramel (as opposed to faded chlorophyll, in which case, the clear glass is ok.

By Luger on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 12:10 pm: Edit

Hi!

I looked at the vintage Herbsaint bottle Ted posted, and noticed that the glass was not green.
Since naturally colored ( and others ) absinthes are stored in greeen bottles to keep the sunlight from destroying the chlorophyll, this could mean two things:

1: Herbsaint was not naturally colored

2: Herbsaint was indeen naturally colored, but due to the plain glass one had ( has ) to be very carefull at protecting the bottle from the sun.

Is my thoughts right, or is there a third alternative??

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation