A Rare Find - Vintage Absinthe

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:A Rare Find - Vintage Absinthe
By Chrysippvs on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 10:08 am: Edit

I am working on finding some more...right now I am planning a trip to Europe for just that reason..I know of a few bottles for sale but only if I come and get them.

By Midas on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 09:58 am: Edit

Justin, congratulations. That certainly is a find. As for concerns about it's quality, vintage absinthe is vintage absinthe, it's a worthy investment for it's historical value alone. Know of any others? ;)

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, August 23, 2000 - 11:29 am: Edit

glob and bottle

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, August 23, 2000 - 11:28 am: Edit

After about a month of negotiation with a Swiss antique dealer I finally got a unopened bottle of absinthe from the late 1890's or possibly the early 1910's.

The brand is DORNIER - TULLER and it was made and bottled in the Pontarlier region. The bottle is not quite a liter and stands around 10" tall. It was in a fire, but not even the cork was burned too bad. It has no label (probably due to the fire) and the contents seems fine. As for a review not quite yet, I am going to head down to New Orleans and consult some people, before I pop the cork. For the price I got this at even if the contents are damaged it was well worth it.

Take care,

J

will post a pic on the forum

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation