La Fee worldwide?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:La Fee worldwide?
By Binky on Friday, September 01, 2000 - 04:05 am: Edit

"I think it's a macy's vs gimble's sort of thing. GB and SC have always been rivals."

I doubt it. SC is an online retailer, whereas GB is a Distributer/Brand owner. Due to GB's UK bias, it's unlikely they even compete.

By Don Walsh on Sunday, August 27, 2000 - 09:27 pm: Edit

I think it's a macy's vs gimble's sort of thing. GB and SC have always been rivals. They'd no more cooperate than they would with absenta.com (The Mari Mayans people).

Bear in mind that the GB people care first and foremost about th UK market. The sales to the pubs, clubs, supermarkets etc plus individuals there amount to 10 times or more of what the US mail order Net based traffic might be. So, why should they care?

I don't understand what they are worried about though, as SC, La Boheme, absenta.com, etc are not experiencing any problems with US Customs or any other US authorities at least as far as anything that has been heard about.

I thought it was odd that they took this UK only stance. What about non-US addresses where import is possible? Suppose a buyer in a absinthe-legal EU member nation wanted to buy? No legality problem there. (Spain, Portugal, maybe others?)

This may have more to do with their credit card merchant account more than anything else. I'm just guessing. Or maybe there are some sort of implications to re-export from UK (since they import the stuff from France). I dunno.

By Anatomist1 on Sunday, August 27, 2000 - 05:40 pm: Edit

Why don't they just make a deal with spirit's corner? SC has no problem with customs. I would gleefully pay a few dollars more than I pay for the spanish stuff... especially if I was dealing with spirit's corner...

K.

By Marc on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 12:51 pm: Edit

I have spoken with them. It will be awhile before
they start shipping to the States. They are concerned about customs etc.

By Midas on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 10:34 am: Edit

Does anyone know when "La Fee" is going to be available internationally, ie. to Australia?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation