Low budget Hemmingway

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Low budget Hemmingway
By Marcellin on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 03:27 pm: Edit

JKK,
Mea Culpa, I'm got my threads mixed - might have been the Green Fairy's insidious influence. But, I am inspired this northern epoch of America still contains a refuge of free thought and expression. Good to hear that you're maintaining the sedition.

I remain in the big "L" (Lansing) - invitations are still acknowledged for all.

Marcellin

By JKK on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 01:02 pm: Edit

Marcellin (James),
I'm John not Domingo. Went to MSU one semester--still using that e-mail address. Now at U of I. Would have been nice to get together. Had plenty of the old green a few months back--would have loved to share it. Oh well! I'm not so aggressive as some of my posts might have seemed. I just value my freedom of speech--and thought, so I might have raised my voice a little. Anyway, conversation is better in person rather than through a computer.The invitation still holds for anyone else. Cheers.

By Marcellin - formerly James on Sunday, August 27, 2000 - 04:14 pm: Edit

Domingo,
How unfortunate we did not have the opportunity to meet. Did you go to school in E.L.? Although I do not have any current plans to travel to Champaign-Urbana, I do appreciate the offer. Perhaps you will travel back to this area for visits to those you left behind. Either way we should continue to converse.

Regards,
Marcellin (formerly James)

By JKK on Sunday, August 27, 2000 - 11:21 am: Edit

James,
I just moved from E. Lansing two months ago. We could have gotten together. Tant pis! (Too bad!) If you're in Champaign-Urbana--a five-hour drive--let me know.

By Marcellin - formerly James on Saturday, August 26, 2000 - 07:54 am: Edit

Hey Domingo, you are always welcome to the great white north. Lansing, Michigan. Pleasant in the summer - cold in the winter.

Marcellin (formerly James)

By domingo on Saturday, August 26, 2000 - 04:28 am: Edit

Thank you gentlemen,
Domingo

By Marc on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 11:48 pm: Edit

Domingo,

you are welcome to join me for a drink in one of my bars in New York City.

By Chrysippvs on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 11:11 pm: Edit

If you sling by NO I am sure Ted and I could hook up and meet you somewhere..

- J

By Don Walsh on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 10:56 pm: Edit

Dear Domingo

You are always welcome to drop by, but pls bear in mind, I'm in Bangkok, Thailand -- not New Orleans. Ted is in Louisiana, Justin is in Mississippi. Absintheur is in California. But if you do find yourself in old Siam, do look me up. Email me and we'll get together.

By Domingo on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 08:37 pm: Edit

low budget Hemmingway cont...not enough space for me. Back to travel. I am planning a trip to beautiful New Orleans. I know some of you are camped out there. Which one of you are going to be gracious enough to invite me for a drink? I will gladly return the favour when you make it up my way. On to low budget Hemmingway. I am going to stay at a villa in the Portugese islands ( the azores). The have bull fights/gorings in the streets no arena. They have Absinto. They have rocky beaches with nothing to do. Did I mention the bulls and Absinto? Ten days of low budget Hemmingway. Thanks to all and enjoy

By Domingo on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 08:23 pm: Edit

I like to to tell you about my planned low budget Hemmingway trip. (inspired to write after that nasty thread the other day). I believe in more love, poetry and drinking philosify. Excuse spelling. More personal stuff in this forum less business is good. The business is needed but not as much.
I am a self employed contractor. Rough and tumble, 12 hour a day worker. I'm married and enjoy my life at every chance even the little stuff. I really love my absinthe. Nothing sets me better than watching the louce. Not a sun set/rise can compare.
I know there are alot of incredibly talented people posting here. Please share your writings/songs/poems. Even if you don't feel them worthy someone will connect. I say this because I can't write and want to hear/read yours.
What would solve all this nasty shit is a face to face meeting. Whenever any of us gets a chance in travel please try to meet one another. I would love to share a drink with any of you.
I want to meet a couple of notables... Ted, Don, Justin, Absintheur and Marc to name a few. I believe I will meet Marc first. He is closest to me and I like his style.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation